What's new

Any experience with Teeth Whiteners? (1 Viewer)

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
My wife just got her braces off and would like to try some whitening process but not sure what really works!

Any help would be great!

Wes

Elinor

Supporting Actor
Hmmm, not sure, but today's free advice is: know when to say when. Nothing looks more silly than over-bleached white teeth ("hey, can you use them for flashlights at night?")

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i'm using the teeth tray method. that's the one where they make a mold of your teeth, then give you the trays. you fill them up with a bleaching solution, then apply the trays to your teeth.

it worked pretty well for me. everyone said my teeth looked whiter, but i still think they're a little yellow. the problem (according to my dentist) is just that my enamel is very yellow by nature.

but overall i'm happy ... there's no question they're whiter (by several shades) then they used to be.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
My bro & sis use the Crest Whitening strips. None of us smoke or drink coffee but their teeth make mine look like I eat tar. It looks really good. :emoji_thumbsup:

Yousaf

Second Unit
I was wondering about teeth whiteners as well. I want to do the strips (for convenience), but they don't seem like they'd get the "horizontal" parts of the teeth, nor would they go very far back in your mouth. I've tried a DIY tooth tray (well, not entirely DIY but basically they'd give you a "blank" tray which you'd then put in hot water and get it to fit your teeth) but failed miserably...I ended up just making a misshapen thing that wouldn't stay on my teeth. So what is the best method, short of having a professional do it?

Pamela

Supporting Actor
I tried the tray method, but it didn't do much for me, other than irritate my gums.

Now I supersmile whitening products. I have had good success with this. And hey, Johnny Depp uses it! :D

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Crest whitestrips are expensive but effective, and far cheaper then going to a dentist for formal whitening procedures. Their big limitation is they only get the front of the front 1/2 or so of your teeth, while the trays get everything. That said, you can also only see the fronts of the front teeth, so it's not a big deal.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I've used the Crest White strips, noticed a difference after the third day. I have really sensitive teeth though, so could only do it for a week, instead of the two. There was still a major difference that lasted about 6 months.

Jason L.

Second Unit

Except for a mouth full of teeth that look like rusted bolts.

Go for the laser whitening over the trays. The trays suck. They take forever, never do the job completely, and it's impossible to do the bottom half without getting goop in your mouth.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I tried the Crest strips but they are so flimsy and small that they slip around the mouth too much. I went with the CVS brand that uses a firmer blue plastic that folds over your teeth and sticks on very well. Plus they cover more real estate. I was surprised at how well they worked.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
So Pamela do you just need the Super Smiles toothpaste or the toothpaste and the accelerator? Would you need to buy the small or large product? And how long does it take to work say on non-smoking non-coffee slight yellow stained teeth?

Wes

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Hands down..the Crest Whitestrips are amazing! Even my dentist was amazed at the results.

ClickHEREto get $7 off a box.

Pamela

Supporting Actor
Wes, I have the small tube of accelerator and the large tube of tooth paste. I used the accelerator with the toothpaste for 2 or 3 weeks. Now I just brush with the toothpaste twice a day. I noticed a difference by the second week.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I must say I was really surprised that the Crest whitestrips actually worked.

Fortunately I didn't experience any side effects other than a great dislike for the taste of the solution on the strips.

I know a few people who experienced a greater sensitivity to cold and hot foods/liquids. One person also broke out in a rash around her mouth from the solution as well.

I do recall seeing a news story warning people that over bleaching can lead to having very translucent teeth that could appear darker than lighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks