Any experience with "surfremotecontrol.com"?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ted Lee, Dec 14, 2001.

1. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

hi all -

i'm thinking about picking up the home theater master mx-500. this website has it for about 120 bucks. i think that's the best price i could find.

i'm just curious if anyone has had any experience, good or bad, with these folks?

or, does anyone else know of any good sites to order this remote

or, (finally), if anyone has any recommendations on a similar remote at about the same price-point?

tia

2. Brian Fineberg

Brian Fineberg Second Unit

You could get a refurbished Pronto ts-1000 for 129 from JandR.com. I bought one and it is absolutly mint . You could never tell it was refurbed. Just a thought.

-B

3. Ed_A

Ed_A Stunt Coordinator

Ted,

You've picked a great remote...you won't be dissapointed with the MX-500.

I don't have any experience with surfremotecontrol.com but have heard they are professional. (Check over at remotecentral.com to see some feedback on them.)

I did notice your in California, and since surfremotecontrol.com is based out of California, it might mean you'd have to pay taxes on the unit, on top of shipping. I'd suggest e-mailing them to verify this...if so, then you might want to try rrdeals.com. They are based out of Colorado (no taxes for us in CA, which would be about $8 savings) and have had pretty good feedback lately over at remotecentral.com.

Disclaimer: I don't work for rrdeals or any other audio/video related store or manufacturer.

HTH,

Ed

4. ArnaudP

ArnaudP Stunt Coordinator

I bought my mx500 from surfremotecontrol back in April for $150. Great service, fast shipment. Great overall experience. Woluld buy from them again. By the way, the mx500 is a great remote.[​IMG]

5. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

thanks all -
    what swayed me was the good recommendations here, and the good review at remotecontrolcentral.
    i think i like having the hard-buttons, otherwise i'd be all over the pronto. 130 bucks is a steal for that one. but i hate having to look at my remote.
    i'm so exicted i can't stand it...
    [​IMG]

6. Tom Tubbiola

Tom Tubbiola Stunt Coordinator

I just purchased an MX-500 from surfremotecontrol.com last week. I haven't had time to set up the remote yet but the order was shipped quickly and packed very well.

Tom

7. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i just tried placing my order but got some sort of application timed out error.

now i don't know if it went through or not. i sent an email to their c/s.

does anyone know if they have a number i can call?