What's new

Any experience with GR-Research? (1 Viewer)

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
I just ordered a pair of AV1's for my surrounds. I am also having someone build me 3 MB1's for the front. The MB1's are the same as the AV1's but use a different x-over network. I haven't heard GR speakers yet but from what I hear, the MB1's are the best small bookshelf monitor avalible. They have been preferred over the ACI emeralds by several people I talked to. Pjay over at the madisound board compares them to nearly the sound of the sapphires but at $1000 less.

I have talked a lot with Danny(GR owner/designer) this past week and he knows his stuff let me tell you. He is a great guy too.

Do a search over at the madisound forum. you may find more info on GR. YOu can also email me directly and I'll try to dig up the info I gathered in the past 2-3 weeks on GR research.

Anyway, all said and done, the MB1's will cost the same as the Paradigm mini monitors or Def Tech Promonitor 100's($350pr). I think I'm getting the better deal though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks