Any experience with GR-Research?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jonathan Lofgren, Dec 11, 2001.

1. Jonathan Lofgren

Jonathan Lofgren Stunt Coordinator

Jul 10, 2001
    I was just wondering if any of you have any experience with gr-research speakers? is their web-site and I was thinking about trying the A/V 1 kit. Any feedback is appreciated.
  2. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jun 4, 2001
    Jeff Lam
    I just ordered a pair of AV1's for my surrounds. I am also having someone build me 3 MB1's for the front. The MB1's are the same as the AV1's but use a different x-over network. I haven't heard GR speakers yet but from what I hear, the MB1's are the best small bookshelf monitor avalible. They have been preferred over the ACI emeralds by several people I talked to. Pjay over at the madisound board compares them to nearly the sound of the sapphires but at $1000 less.

I have talked a lot with Danny(GR owner/designer) this past week and he knows his stuff let me tell you. He is a great guy too.

Do a search over at the madisound forum. you may find more info on GR. YOu can also email me directly and I'll try to dig up the info I gathered in the past 2-3 weeks on GR research.

Anyway, all said and done, the MB1's will cost the same as the Paradigm mini monitors or Def Tech Promonitor 100's($350pr). I think I'm getting the better deal though.