What's new

Any Electronic bands on SACD or DVD-A such as.. (1 Viewer)

Raine Linton

Stunt Coordinator
Tangerine Dream
Ashra
Navigator
Free System Projekt
Ashok
Red Shift
I won't change over until I can get titles like these or old school funk.
Raine

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Tangerine Dream's RUBYCON is on hybrid stereo SA-CD. Well, it's a start. I'm no connisuer of electronica but I like all my other TD albums better, as far as content goes anyway.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
How about Groove Amanda's "Love Box", "Vertigo", and "Goodbye Country Hello Nightclub"?

Art of Noise's "Daft" and "Reconstructed" are also on SACD.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Danny, I didn't know Art Of Noise was on SACD. I's like's 'dem! Do you have to order from beyond U.S. borders to get them?:)

Raine, have your heard Tantra Lounge which is various artists doing Indian electonica? It's not hi-rez but it's very intresting. I got it for Christmas. It might be right up your alley???

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I'd definitely recommend these, especially "Vertigo".

On DVD-A, there's Dave Tipper's "Surrounded". He's a respected electronica guy, and this is certainly one of the most aggressive/impressive surround mixes I've heard... but thusfar it's nothing but a demo disc for me (that is, I can't say I'm very impressed by the music).

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Rachael,

So the "Tantra Lounge" disc is not a SACD?? My local Best Buy always have it in the SACD section and the yellow Best Buy label has "SACD" on it.

Art of Noise's "Reconstructed" at SA-CD.net.

Art of Noise's "Daft" at SA-CD.net.

You can order these titles from Amazon.UK or from the label, ZTT, directly. ZTT charges no shipping fee for worldwide delivery.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Danny, my brother got it for me for Christmas at Busted Buy. He thought he was getting me an SA-CD. It's an enhanced CD. I had seen it in the SA-CD section of BB too and examined it myself. I had determined it wasn't an SA-CD. My bro knows I like to scope out music from other countries. I'm glad he stummbled on it. I was thinking of buying it for myself anyway.

The SA-CD section at the local BB is a total mess. They don't always put up proper name placards anymore. They never straighten it out, seemingly. I've seen the same out of place CD's mixed in the bin for weeks at a time. Not to mention that Tantra Lounge was in there when it shouldn't be. BB is such a meandering, clueless organization about many thangs...not all. They're clueless on hi-rez for sure.

Thanks for the tip on AON. I've heard RECONSWTRUCTED once a few years ago. I'm glad I didn't buy it then at this point. I'll get atleast that one. :)

Raine Linton

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Rachel,
I've never heard of SA-CD, I wonder if it's like an XRCD where its mastered differently than a regular CD but not as good as a SACD. I'll check one out especially if TD is being used in this format. Rubycon was a very dark CD and I agree there are others that are lighter and with a different energy, but I've heard some groups that take what TD started and moved to some different and fantastic levels.It's not making its way to the two more hi-rez formats but hopefully soon.
I'll see if I can find Tantra Lounge, I listen a e-band called Sunya Beat, they also have an Indian flavor to their music and it's tasty stuff! ;)
Raine

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Raine, Sony has decided that SACD's are now hyphenated in the middle. I think the now hyphenated disc designation also implies a hybrid. Who knows when Sony and philips may yet redefine their format yet again? Maybe SA-2-CD?;) Last spring Philips implied they might add video capability and call it SACD II (SA-2-CD). So, we stille may have not seen the final morphing of the Super Audio format yet?

Busted Buy doesn't know an Enhanced CD from a "hoe" in the ground or somewhere else? ;) This given that they had Tantra Lounge, Exotic Indian Electronica (Water Music Records, 302 060 313-2) positioned in the Super Audio section all fall of 2003. Where they keep them now, nobody knows!;)

Tantra Lounge's artists mix traditional Indian music with synthesizers, drumsets (or machines?), and even electric quitar on atleast one track. Best wishes!:)

Chat C

Agent
Tipper: Surrounded :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

This DVD-A is absolutely incredible. Not only is it filled with quality songs, but it is like watching a movie in that it is an expeirence to listen to. The surround involvement is like nothing I've heard before on a music release. If I had a nickel for each one of my friends I've blown away every time I've played this for them...

Elias

Stunt Coordinator
My understanding is that Depeche Mode 101 is coming out on SACD. This band has a lot of electronic music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks