What's new

Any early reviews of the Dirty Harry Collection? (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It *appears* that Warner Brothers is not sending
out screener copies to us.
Then again, sometimes we don't get screeners
from that studio till after the release date.
If we are going to get screeners -- it will be
this week.
------------------
ronbo.jpg

Ronald Epstein (pronounced like the English "Ronald Epstein")
Circa 2000
Home Theater Forum Administrator
All forum questions & to get on our private forum mailing list (new members)... Email: [email protected]
Problems with the webpage or site? Contact WEBMASTER
Email Packy [email protected]

Robert George

Screenwriter
Warner is using a Public Relations firm to handle distribution of this release. I have heard these will be going out this week.

michael deakin

Deceased Member
Real Name
Michael Charles Deakin
Hi guys.
I was about to preorder the box set, When I found out that dirty harry is being released on it's own as a 30th anniversary version. Which includes all new documentary on the harry films and on " Dirty harry " itself. While the box set version as just some basic interviews and stuff. That's not very nice of warner to do that. Mike
frown.gif

------------------

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Hi guys.
I was about to preorder the box set, When I found out that dirty harry is being released on it's own as a 30th anniversary version. Which includes all new documentary on the harry films and on " Dirty harry " itself. While the box set version as just some basic interviews and stuff. That's not very nice of warner to do that. Mike
There are going to be two different versions of the Dirty Harry DVD released? That doesn't make much sense to release a special edition and not include it with the box set. Where did you find this information? If this is true it will make me reconsider purchasing the set.
------------------
My Movie Collection on DVD and Laser Disc

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
According to Warner Home Video's web site, the Dirty Harry box will indeed include the new documentary Dirty Harry: Celebrating 30 Years Of An American Hero. All five films are getting new transfers & 5.1 DD soundtracks.
Sounds good to me. Michael, where did you get your information?
------------------
Too many DVDs, too little time...
AFI 100 Challenge - 36 to go!

michael deakin

Deceased Member
Real Name
Michael Charles Deakin
Guys.
Check out this from the box set.
Dirty Harry
Remastered Transfer
Special Introduction
Documentary "Clint Eastwood: The Man From Malaposa"
8-minute "Eastwood On Eastwood" excerpt.
Now check this out from the 30th anniversary version.
All New Documentary With Cast And Crew
Documentary Dirty Harry's Way (1971)
New Documentary On The Dirty Harry Films.
------------------
" TARGET=_blank>http://209.126.172.127/catalog/advan...facturers_id=1
------------------

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
There does seem to be paucity of information on this set, especially since it's due out in a week. However, online retailers often have incomplete or incorrect information, and therefore I'll take Warner's own site as the definitive source on this one. I guess we'll know for sure in a few days.
------------------
Too many DVDs, too little time...
AFI 100 Challenge - 36 to go!

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
My guess would be that the Dirty Harry in the box would be the same as the specs listed for the 30th Ann. edition. I think if they release a 30th Ann. SE as a seperate release and dont put it in the box that'd piss off a lotta customers, but this is WB
wink.gif
. I'm waiting to see if my Sams is gonna carry it.
The info on the Image website for the box doesnt go into any detail on the SE features on each disc.
Cheers.
------------------
I didnt play Dungeons and Dragons all those years and not learn something about courage.
--Bernie Faulkner

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Argh - I hope they don't go and release a SE that has features outside of what will be included in the box set. I really want to buy the box set but don't want to do it knowing I'm not getting some of the extras that might be included on a single disc version of Dirty Harry. It would seem to me that WB would want to give the box set buyer the extras too - at least I hope so.
------------------
Link Removed

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I received my box set of the "Dirty Harry" films today. The special features on the "Dirty Harry" disc are the following:
[*]All-New 2000 Digital Transfer[*]All-New 30th Anniversary Documentary Dirty Harry: The Original[*]1971 Behind-The-Scenes Documentary Dirty Harry's Way[*]Interview Gallery with different Dirty Harry Supporting Actors and Special Guests like Arnold Schwarzenegger[*]Production Notes[*]Theatrical Trailer[*]Subtitles: English, French, Spanish[*]Languages: English & French
By the way, the dvd presentation of "Dirty Harry" looks great, I will take a look at the other films now and report back any special features with those discs.
Crawdaddy
------------------
Peter Staddon: "I didn't say you can put 'Monkeybone' back!"

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I'll be posting an official review tomorrow,
Thursday.
------------------
ronbo.jpg

Ronald Epstein (pronounced like the English "Ronald Epstein")
Circa 2000
Home Theater Forum Administrator
All forum questions & to get on our private forum mailing list (new members)... Email: [email protected]
Problems with the webpage or site? Contact WEBMASTER
Email Packy [email protected]

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Excellent news - can't wait for this set. Now if I can only get Heartbreak Ridge, Every Which Way But Loose, and Any Which Way You Can on DVD...ah, at this point I'm thrilled with all the Dirty Harry's coming out on DVD in a box set!
------------------
Link Removed

bill lopez

Second Unit
This is a must buy boxset! All movies look good!

MAGNUM FORCE really sounds great! I had the laserdisc and the gunfire never sounded better than this dvd. This is a great gift. Better than the $200 laserdisc boxset of years ago. The only little pet peve is that the menus don't look like the James Bond or AlIEN, OMEN menus.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks