Any DVD's of Sept 11th?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff_P, Dec 3, 2001.

1. Jeff_P

Jeff_P Stunt Coordinator

I was wondering if anyone has seen DVD's about Sept 11th. I thought Time/Life or someone would have a good video out. I saw one today at my local grocery store but it looked kind of cheap. Being from NY I would like to have something on tape to show my child how this tragic event took place and some of the heroic events that took place afterwards.

Jeff_P

2. Robert McClanahan

Robert McClanahan Stunt Coordinator

Jeff,why would anybody release a DVD or video about September 11th?[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Rik P

Rik P Stunt Coordinator

Sept 11 2001 = War on the US

All other wars are documented on video (such as Pearl Harbor) and i would not be suprised if a movie was released in the Future.

I think releasing a video now would be to early considiring were still Kicking Ass and a Sept 11 video without showing the US retailiating would be unjust IMO.

4. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

5. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Actor

It's already been announced that a DVD about Sept 11 is coming out. Do a search, there should be something.

Jeff

6. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I know for certain I've seen a couple at Best Buy. The one I remember most is a black cover with a grainy-looking shot of the WTC attack. I forget the title, probably because I didn't look at it long, just in passing.

7. Robert McClanahan

Robert McClanahan Stunt Coordinator

I can only watch those planes fly in to the WTC so many times.My friend left his vcr running for nearly 24hrs and got all of Bushes speaches and stuff.If they do it however,I think they should wait until we get bin laden.

8. Brian-W

Brian-W Screenwriter

9. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

When I was at Best Buy about two weeks ago there was a DVD in the "special interest" section about 9/11. Of course, it had that lame eagle head disolving against the twin towers. Why is it a lame pic? Think of it airbrushed on the back of a leather jacket!

Anyway, I recorded the events the whole day it happened. I did this because I know some day I'll want to look back and resurface those emotions.

I also did this when they had the live feed from the Mars Pathfinder when it landed on Mars July 4, 1997.

10. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Cinematographer
    Supporter

As this thread was started,
    I saw some of the
    same reactions I expected.
    Yes, as we still look over our mail
    with caution, and cast a nervous eye
    to the middle East,
    we do still need more time.
    How long did it take before M * A * S * H
    was made?
    But then yesturday, I watched,
    From Here To Eternity for the first time ever,
    and as a previous poster has mentioned,
    there will be films made about the events of
    September 11. Probably even comedies,
    lest we for get Speilberg's 1941.
    Just too soon for me to even imagine it though.
    Let's just hope no one makes a film as sucky
    as Pearl Harbor.
    -Mark

11. Scott Bell

Scott Bell Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, I saw one in the Special Int. section of Best Buy in Atlanta. Didnt look to see what it was...just saw the cover.

12. Kevin Coleman

Kevin Coleman Second Unit

Well said Brian.

Like it or not folks Sept 11th is now part of our heritage and history. It makes us who we now are. Why somebody would want to hide from history and pretend it didn't happen is beyond me.

Kevin C.

13. Bob_Mandel

Bob_Mandel Stunt Coordinator

Docurama (New Video) will be streeting The 11th of September: Bill Moyers In Conversationon January 8th, 2002.

14. Blu

Blu Screenwriter

Sept. 11th was also the largest single rescue operation ever launched on American soil. Heroes is too small of a word that would never do the people who gave their lives in this effort justice.

15. Kenny Goldin

Kenny Goldin Second Unit

I think there is a DVD called "America 911" whcih comes out tomorrow. I was going to order, but didn't since I could not find any reviews of it.

16. Jeff_P

Jeff_P Stunt Coordinator

The reason I started this thread was because I wanted a video that captured an important part of American history. There are so many documentaries that are made about other tragic events such as WWI, WWII, and Pearl Harbor. I am sure at the time of those events also nobody could think of turning into a video. But if it wasnt, why would the History channel still be on the air?

17. Sam_K

Sam_K Stunt Coordinator

18. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I hope they don't rush and make some dumb stupid TV movie 3 months after the real event happened. Instead, I hope that a proper movie is made by a reputable director courageous enough to take on a project like this, and that it would be a few years before it comes out. Other than that, I supposed they coulf do a decent documentary on it.

19. Jeff_P

Jeff_P Stunt Coordinator

Sam_K,

That is the one I saw at my local grocery store. It was made by cameraPlanet. Since I never heard of them I will wait till a reputable news source or doctumentary comes out.

Jeff_P

20. Mike_G

Mike_G Screenwriter

Mike
    On 9/11 I recorded as much as I could on my TiVo. I took as much as I could of that and made 2 DVDs - one of what happened on 9/11 (CNN footage, video of the first plane which not many have seen, rescue efforts), and one of specific shows that was related to 9/11 (Letterman's first show, SNL's intro, Bush addressing the country).
    The fact is, this IS a part of our history. Since we live in NJ, just across the river from NYC, this is a Big Deal to me and I wanted to make sure that when my kids grow up, that they see what happened THAT DAY. I might pick up one of the store-bought DVDs, but I think that one made of local broadcasts from NBC and CBS here in New York, as well as some CNN footage I have would be better than some hacked-together DVD.
    It's not every day you live through history, and it's not every day it happens in your backyard.
    Update Several people have asked me for these DVDs. I can't make copies due to General Media copy protection, even for myself unless I use the original project files which I've deleted. Also, there's the copyright issue. Even if you have some way of copying these discs, don't offer that solution. I'm sure a good DVD will come out eventually.
    Mike