Any Dvd update? The Wizard...more...?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Sean_J, Mar 29, 2003.

1. Sean_J

Sean_J Agent

Hello-
    I was wondering any new updates or anything about The Wizard (1989) or National Lampoon's Senior Trip (1994?) ???

Anyone that has seen these movies knows how awesome they are!!! :) Unfortunately, both movies are out of print on vhs and you can't purchase them any more... hopefully they will be coming to dvd soon :)

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I seriously doubt The Wizard is coming ANYTIME soon, unless Anchor Bay gets the insane idea to do an uber-SE of it [​IMG]

3. Chris Wittry

Chris Wittry Stunt Coordinator

Here we are in 2004 and I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about either of these movies? With all of the catalog titles being released, I can see these 2 slipping by without me knowing. If they haven't been announced, then let me put in a vote to release them! [​IMG]

4. JohnAP

JohnAP Second Unit

"I love the power glove. It's so bad!"

5. Brian F

Brian F Agent

Come-on Universal, The Wizard DVD is long overdue.....

The Wizard is so awful...........but so amazing at the same time. It is definately at the top of my "guilty pleasures" list. I actually found it on Laser disc about a year ago, factory-sealed, for $5. Needless to say I bought it. I only wish it was widescreen...

An Anchor Bay Uber-SE would be sweet! I actually can't believe it did not come out through Goodtimes (who released the VHS copy I had). It actually came out on DVD in R.2 Germany as "Joystick Nation" or something like that. I was going to import it, but then I found the LD.

Just keep your Power Gloves off her, pal!

PS: I also found another guilty pleasure on the same day I found The Wizard. Cool As Ice LD, factory sealed, $5. A movie that is SO bad that it is SO hilarious! Words cannot describe the experience I had watching it. Another lost Universal classic that deserves an Ultimate Edition DVD release [​IMG]

6. Harold Wazzu

Harold Wazzu Supporting Actor

The Wizard would be so awesome!!!! I remember watching that movie and when they drove one some trip with that spider VW Bug (I think it was) I saw that very same thing when I went on a trip. Anyways, A while ago I found a boot of it on ebay and it seemed like it got to at least $20.

Another movie I'd like to see is Private School with Phoebe Cates, man that is an awesome 80's movie!