What's new

Any dope fans out there? (the band I mean!) (1 Viewer)

PaulDF

Second Unit
I recently bought a couple of the Dope albums. Some of their music is pretty cool, but what really floored me was some of the super low bass in two of their tracks!

I can't remember the name of the first track I refer to, anyway its the one where a kid shoots Barney. I think the second track I refer to is called "Die M&%$$%F$%^%$ Die".

Holy shnikees!! What is that deep wave of bass my sub throws at me? Its like exactly that, a wave... Definitely shakes the whole house. Very cool.

Anyone know what this is I'm feeling and hearing? It doesn't seem like sub 30hz, so is it just a super loud synthesized addition to the song?

Anyone know of any other music with similar phenomenon?? It really gets my adrenaline pumping!

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
Once I got used to the vocals sounding as if they were recorded underwater, there were several songs I enjoyed. Favorites would be Kimberly's Ghost and Spine For You, though their cover of Fuck The Police was awesome, too. However, I don't recognize the tracks you mentioned. Probably from their latest album(Life?).

PaulDF

Second Unit
Yeah, I must've got their second album first, then just bought their first album a few weeks ago.

Their "Life" album seems to have some carryover from the first album. This is a pretty kicking album!! Get it if you don't have it! I burned the life album from a friend who also burned it from a friend. So 'til now I had no idea of the album title or track names. Just a little searching was all I needed!
The songs I referred to were, "Take your best shot" which has a funny intro involving Barney and a gun. Super low bass content, could blow things, be warned!
The secong song was "Die MF Die". I didn't care for the lyrics much, but the bass just blows me away. When the song ends, it trails off with deep bass which literally leaves my house shaking after the song is over!!
:D

Very cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks