What's new

Any Documented procedures on doing a electrostatic focus on a sony wega?? (1 Viewer)

I would like to perform a electrostatic focus on my Sony Wega KV27FS12 set. How do I go about doing this? After taking the back of the tv off , then where do I procede. I read that the focus block is near where the front speaker grills are on the tv. I do have my manual, but it's not very discriptive as most manuals. Fristly it mentions that I should "discharge" the "anode" cap before removing it and proceeding further. Can I get someone here to give me a fairly discriptive procedure?

Jim A. Banville

Supporting Actor
There probably is a focus knob for your direct view TV, but the focus block that is mentioned being placed behind the speaker grille is for RPTV's. There will probably be a single FOCUS knob on your set somewhere near the rear of the tube. I WOULDN'T mess with it.
------------------
Jim
-------
Mancow rocks! Link Removed

DaleB

Stunt Coordinator
I would think the manual is essential for locating adjustmnent points. What makes you think it even needs adjustment? There are specific adjustments called out for beam landing, etc. that are basic to getting a good picture.
But unless you have real problem, I would leave it alone.
Even then, were you not aware you need to discharge the 2nd anode cap as a first step before you read it? If not, I really don't think should be messing around in there at all. Just my opinion.

DaleB

Stunt Coordinator
Just one further comment:
The reason service manuals sometimes appear to be not very discriptive, is they are written for technicians already familiar with all the basic techniques of servicing electronics.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks