Any discernable difference in mid-level in-walls?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Art_Nel, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Art_Nel

Art_Nel Auditioning

In the process of selecting some mid-level in-walls for home theater setup. I've searched this board over the last several days and still have been unable to figure out if there is any big difference b/t mid-level manufacturers (NHT, Paradigm, HDT, ACI, Infinity, Polk, etc...)and sound quality. My question why should I spend $300-600/pr for Paradigm, NHT in-walls as opposed to $125-180/pr for ACI, HDT in-walls? Realize that I am not going to get high-quality sound for music listening, but I would like good quality sound. So with that in mind, will going with the high end mid-levels give me that much better sound quality?

Thanks
    ART_NEL

2. MikeNg

MikeNg Second Unit

IMO, the RBH inwalls (MC series) offer the best sound/value before you get into the expensive stuff like B&W. The MC-6's retail for about $800/pair, so it might be out of your budget goal. I don't have any experience with ACI/HDT, so I really can't comment.

I read somewhere over at AV123 that Onix may be producing inwalls. Don't know what your timeline is, but if you can wait until they come out (don't know the ETA) Onix might be another viable alternative. They have a good rep for high quality and good customer service.

Mike