Any difference: JBL NSP1 vs. NSP1II

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Morlan Liu, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Morlan Liu

Morlan Liu Stunt Coordinator

Anyone know what JBL changed with the NSP1II speaker set compared to the original NSP1?

2. Joe Ferreira

Joe Ferreira Stunt Coordinator

I read somewhere that Bose sued them for using their porting system. They redesigned them and I understand that they sound the exact same. FWIW I have the NSP1 II and it sounds great. But please, someone correct my wholly unsubstantiated claims here.

Oh, welcome to the boards, I made my decision to buy the NSP1 based off the opinions of the people here, and have not been disappointed!

3. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

4. Joe Ferreira

Joe Ferreira Stunt Coordinator

Alright! Now I won't even think twice when I pull stuff out of nowhere!

Sorry for the thread jack, but if I wanted to upgrade the N24s to N26s or the next step, how will the sound using the same N-center?

5. David_Stein

David_Stein Second Unit

all the N-series are timbre-matched, you will be fine if you stay within the line.

6. Morlan Liu

Morlan Liu Stunt Coordinator

Okay, so now I really don't care which one I get NSP1 or NSP1II. But how about a good matching subwoofer? The NSP1 and NSP1II are around $250 right now...how much more for a decent subwoofer that will blend well. I'm planning to use these speakers with a Pioneer VSX-D811S or Yamaha RX-V530 unless you guys have other suggestions on receivers at that price range. Thanks!

7. Joe Burch

Joe Burch Extra

I just picked up the NSP1 Theater pack, 2 mains and 2 satellites and the N-Center for 202.50 on Ebay through Harmon-Kardon themselves. $225.00 with shipping. Looking forward to getting them as they have come highly recommended. Supposedly they are great for a small h ome theater/living room and are also great for music. I'm gonna hook them into a Denon 1803 with the Tiny Mighty i also order. Should be good [​IMG]