Any DEFECTS On Any Recent Releases????

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Christopher*KH, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Christopher*KH

Christopher*KH Stunt Coordinator

I recently picked up LOTR;TTT,EE and Terminator3 and I have been waiting and watching the forum for any "BAD NEWS" before I remove the wrapping and open them. So if anyone knows anything on these or ANY OTHER ones PLEASE Pass on the INFO, Thanks

2. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

Uhhh...there are discussions ongoing about both discs. I have had some problems with the DTS track on TTT:EE, but I think it is a Toshiba player compatibility issue. Some are upset with the T3 transfer. Check out the discussions.

3. Andy_MT

Andy_MT Second Unit

well, there's an audio glitch with many of columbias new releases. and they didn't deny it when i confronted them. in fact, they wanted to talk to me after my initial email communication pointing out these flaws. however, as soon as they found out i was from the UK, i never heard back from them.

there were a few people of this forum who noticed these "issues" as well (clicking/distortion on center channel), so i'm not going mad[er]. these problems do exist, although how much of a problem it would be for you is another story. most don't seem to notice these "issues", so there's a chance you may not either.

oh, and gangs of new york. really awful video. enough that i'd call it a flaw. rent first.

4. Christopher*KH

Christopher*KH Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the replies, so I can relax with these titles and start enjoying them.
    I picked up 2 more last night if anyone can pass on some more good news.
    I found a new copy of Tomb Raider;Cradle of Life for 12$ and a used I SPY for 9$,[I know people say it stinks but I have family who liked and we kinda like the same stuff so].
    I hope that there hasn't been any defect problems on these. Its not like I bought them at a Major Retailer. Hope to hear some replies on these latest entries. Thanks again

5. John Alderson

John Alderson Supporting Actor

Why did you not just play them yourself and see if you had problems? You would have been able to return them in any case.