ANy decent dd/dts 5.1 component switch receivers cheap?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeyWeitz, May 18, 2002.

1. MikeyWeitz

MikeyWeitz Supporting Actor

Are their any decent 5.1 DD/dts receivers with at least 2 component in 1 out and multiple Optical inputs in the $250 range?

I know it isn't much to spend, but thats the budget. When I bought my HK AVR75 couple yrs ago, I never imagined I would have an HDTV, Progressive scan player and an Xbox that would need it all hooked up to. Unfortunately, the budget is TIGHT right now. I know Pioneer has the VSX-D711, is this decent?

I have HK 5.1 surrounds and live in an Apt and can't really get on the volume to much anyway.

Thanx.

2. Alf S

Alf S Cinematographer

Alfie
    I have the Pionerr VSX-811S and it has all the above features plus several others that aren't on the 711.

If you do a price search at say mysimon.com, you can find it for around $294 plus freight.

If that's in your budget, I'd maybe consider it as an option.

Alfer

3. MikeyWeitz

I have been looking at the 811s. How do you like yours? Right now, this seems my BEST option!

4. Alf S

Alf S Cinematographer

Alfie
    So far I really like it...a nice improvement over my Outlaw. Although the Outlaw served me well, it wasn't as feature packed as the 811.

So far I'm liking the Prologic II on standard Dolby stuff, and I really like having more input options. The 811 has more than enough power it seems to rock the house with both music and DVD.

Very, very nice unit for the money I must say.

If you go this route, you won't be diappointed.

Alfer

5. MikeyWeitz

AS long as the $$$ thats is supposed to come in deos. That si the route I am going. WIll go perfect with my Samsung 32"HDTV, Progressives scan DVD, and upcoming Xbox [​IMG]

6. Alf S

Alf S Cinematographer

Alfie
    Yup....you will have a nice set-up indeed!

Good luck!

Alfer