What's new

Any Date for Mulholland Drive? (1 Viewer)

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
"I don't expect a feature loaded disc in fact I'd be happy with the movie in simple anamorphic widescreen with a Dolby Digital 5.1 track"
That's what I said! :)
"Since it's still playing here I'm going to try and squeeze it in again before next week as I'm sure it'll be gone then."
Yeah, it's at the Vancouver Center aka "The Place Where All The Capitol 6 Movies Go", a theater that I haven't been to yet, and then I'm betting it will move to the Tinseltown after that. I may be in the city next week so I may check it out again.
I originally saw it late October at the Alliance Atlantis Park, which is a very Noirish theater. I then saw it at the AA here in Vancouver twice back to back. I still can't get enough! :)
"As for the sig Jason. I love it.. and as for Naomi well she made the Babe of the Week over at my website"
I remember that. I prefer Betty but Diane is still pretty hot. :laugh:

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Does anyone have a David Lynch filmography?

Also, I really want to see MD as well, unfortunately I've missed my theatrical chance so I'll have to wait for the DVD.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Saw the movie in Austin and wanted to see it again (and again...) but it left sooner than I'd thought it would.

A wonderful film and I want the DVD.

JIm

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
A very good film. But judging how David Lynch doesn't want to talk much about this film (i.e. leaving everything to open interpretation), I wouldn't be surprised if the film is released closed to being a bare bones disc on DVD.

~Edwin

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Since Mulholland Drive was distributed by TVA International up here in Canada, we will probably see separate Canadian/U.S. video releases along the lines of TVA's other DVD releases (Ginger Snaps, Art of War, etc.)
BTW - I LOVE David Lynch films, but I still haven't seen Mulholland Drive due to the fact that I live in a shithole of a city!
The Straight Story was never shown here either!
It's tragic! :angry:

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
Just noticed the accolades MD is getting so I thought I'd revive the thread...

Golden Globe nominations for

Best Picture (Drama)

Best Director

Best Screenplay

Best Orig Score

NY Film Critics: Best Picture

LA Film Critics: Best Picture runner up

Lots of other accolades...check it out if makes a return engagement!

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
THE PAIN......THE PAIN.....

must ...have .....Mulholland Drive ...NOW

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Bill McA said
Since Mulholland Drive was distributed by TVA International up here in Canada, we will probably see separate Canadian/U.S. video releases along the lines of TVA's other DVD releases (Ginger Snaps, Art of War, etc.)
Yeah I suspect this to be the case as well. Hopefully it will either be the "US disc" in a Canadian case or it will be equal to the US disc in terms of audio/video and extras (although I too expect little in the way of these) or heck maybe like Ginger Snaps it will be better then the US disc. Only time will tell. I just hope it's not another "Art of War" fiasco. I appear to be on TVA's review copy list (having reviewed their Ginger Snaps SE favourably and having recently received their December slate). So hopefully I'll receive an early copy :).
I also have friends in the US and if the Canadian disc sucks then I'll be getting the US one.
Man I love this film.
Mark

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
I did not get to see MD here in Phoenix, never found a theater playing it. :angry: I am pretty pissed off because I am dying to see this film. I love his stuff.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Mulholland Drive is the best film of the year, and is also Lynch's best film in my opinion! Everything in this film worked perfectly for me. It is truly a masterpiece! I can't wait for the DVD! By the way, does anyone know any online store that I could find the soundtrack at? The score was just totally magnificent!

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
WHAT?? I simply cannot imagine not liking this movie. I like a lot of movies and I understand that there is personal taste, but WHAT???
Believe me, I agree with you personally. I fell head over heels in love with this movie and have a hard time understanding the criteria with which it's being judged (didn't make sense, weird for weird's sake... all BS, in my opinion).

But check out some of the 'best of 2001' thread and you'll see a good variety of people who were left utterly unimpressed.

Back OT (sorry about the tangent), the DVD, when it is released (most likely) in March, will be viewed by a lot more people. I have a feeling that those who didn't willfully see this film in theaters will have a hard time getting caught under MD's spell. This will always be an underappreciated sleeper and (I hate to say) for it to actually win any academy awards will be nothing short of a miracle.

Joseph

Roby Adams

Stunt Coordinator
You may not have to wait that long. If you want to see it again that is.

Rumor is MD will be getting a theatrical re-release in Jan.

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
Patrick,

I'm sorry that you didn't get to see Lost Highway in the theater.

I have to agree with you and everyone else about MD. There is no other director who can put dream-like images on film like David Lynch. The film was both beautiful and frightening. And who can forget the Angelo Badalamenti score? The opening jitterbug sequence, although cool, did not seem to fit with the rest of the film. Gotta love the tune, though. Very snappy.

Doug R

Supporting Actor
Dwayne, well, it may not have fit visually but Naomi Watts' character did win a jitterbug contest before going to Hollywood. It does fit storywise ;)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I wont say who I got this from, but I asked a certain DVD site if they had any info on this and heres what they wrote back to me:

"Howdy

Off the record, a Universal spy told me the street date is 4/7, right after

the Oscars...but that's all I know!: ) "

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I caught this in the theatre on a recent trip to the US, it is definately #1 on my 2001 Film List. I should get to see it again in the theatre when it comes to Australia at the end of this month. Can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks