What's new

Any Dance Dance Revolution Players Here? Need Home Pad Advice! (1 Viewer)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Ok I admit I am hooked on DDR, every friday night me and my friends go up to the local arcade and pump about $10 a piece into that machine. Well I am getting a home version and was wondering if anyone here had a home version and had a recommendation on what pad to use? BTW if you haven't tried DDR you should its great fun especially with someone else playing next to you.

James Nguyen

Second Unit
lol.....
heh, I used to hang with a few guys who play DDR competitively... I'm not too bad myself, but just never got into the whole tournament scene...
pretty much all of em/us used the official Konami pad, either in a stock form or with minor to major modifications.
simple mod is to just attach it to a panel of thin wood so the thing doesn't slip around too much (key for folks who play in carpeted rooms).
major mods...heh...major mods is something like this:
http://www.super-crush.com/ddr/
:)
there is a "hard pad" for sale by some third party, but general concensus is that a) it's ugly and b) it sucks. :D

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Buy the cheap pads, not the official $70 Konami pads. Because over an extended use and abuse of home pads, the pressure sensitive pads tend to lose their sensitivity or tend to be "over-sensitive" (as in the case, like if the button got stuck and it keeps sending out a repetitive command). Usually best advice is to stick to cheap pads under $20 (which you can find online).

When I play on carpet or hardwood floor, I use office mats. You know, the office mats you usually use in the office for roll-wheel chairs. Just duct tape the pad to those and it works perfectly since the office mats don't slide easily.

And if you have a modified PSX (with a built in mod-chip), you can play the Japanese Imports up to 5th Mix which should be out soon. 6th Mix just hit arcade in Japan and I'm dying to hear what they've changed (I hear it's so hard too).

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I found a place that sales the DDR USA + Konami pad bundle for $70, I think I will get that and then get a cheap pad from red octane and make the hard slip cases for them like they have over at ddrfreak.com

Wolf Jenkins

Stunt Coordinator
Can you post the URL of the place with the bundle (if its online) - was thinking about getting this as a present.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks