Any current rptv hdtv models that do 720p natively?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by JohnTKline, Jun 12, 2003.

1. JohnTKline

JohnTKline Stunt Coordinator

I've owned a mitsubishi 55" hdtv for 3 years now, and I'd like to find something that handles 720p natively,(no conversion). I remember panasonic had some at one time. I'd like to see xbox in 720p and some of the networks 720p signal.

John

2. Scott Dautel

Scott Dautel Second Unit

I believe all the Samsung DLP RPTV's are 720P native. Furthermore, DLP is one technology that is 100% immune to image burn-in ... an important consideration for gamers.

You'll find many discussion threads here and at AVS Forum on these excellent units.

Scott

3. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

I believe John is looking for a TV that does 720p natively in addition to doing 1080i natively, so the Samsung's not likely to cut it. I'm not aware of any RPTV that is doing both natively.

4. Myki Cantero

Myki Cantero Stunt Coordinator

The Samsung DLPs do 720p natively. Think of it as an LCD monitor which has a resolution of 1280x720.

Of all RPTVs, I could certainly say that the Samsung DLP is the best for Xbox games. I have around 30 games and they all look great. It feels like you are playing on a computer monitor.

Also, when you connect a PC to the Samsung, it will really feel like a computer monitor. Very clear and flicker-free.

But if you're also looking for something that does 1080i natively, then pass this up.