What's new

any commonts on the Radio Shack GoldSeries digital interconnects (the orange ones)? (1 Viewer)

DanaA

Screenwriter
I don't see any problem with using those cables at all. The only real difference in cables that I've personally found was in a cable to my sub and component cables from my DVD to my HDTV. In both cases, I used Rhino cables as my source. Others may disagree with me, but I'm kind of in the middle as far as cables. At times, for me, they make a significant enough difference to warrant buying, whereas, at other times, they don't justify the extra expenditure, as long as you don't buy the cheapest quality and go with something like AR's or Radio Shack.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
well Radio Shack sources their stuff from a variety of places probably based upon price and availability. You might find thislink to be of interest.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I once used all Radio Shack cabling but have since upgraded to Tara Labs which I found both visually and audibally superior. When I switched over to the new Tara's for my Component cables everything improved including black level, richer colors etc. I had to recalibrate my rig when I applied these new cables so I knew something was indeed different. Now my TV has the same black level as before but the contrast on my set is 15-20 notches lower.

I paid in the neighborhood of $25 bucks a pair for the basic interconnect and around $75-80 for the Component cables which I used 3 identical video cables for.

A friend of mine used the new orange gold series cables and returned them after he found them to be inferior to his Better Cables.

Compare the cables with others and make your decision on if they are better for you in your case. The new gold series are indeed decent looking but since they are hidden from view I don't really care about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks