What's new

Any comments on Taperwire? (1 Viewer)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
very cute. got any prices on either the product or the terminations for the wire and the 75 ohm cable? check out www.decorp.com for other flat wire (larger gauges). definitely useful for certain applications.

Ben_Page

Auditioning
partexpress.com (part number: 100-015) - 16ft - 18GA speaker wire, $18. "Can be run under carpets and up walls. Invisible under paint, spackle, or wall covering."

After some research it appears I will need to use something like this to add rear centers speakers in my HT Room. (Otherwise I will need to cut multiple access holes in the dry wall - second floor exterior wall with no crawl space access possible)

Walt Park

Stunt Coordinator
If you just want to run it up the wall without seeing it, but dont want to fish through the drywall, you could just cut the drywall. My mother actually figured this one out when my dad put in his HT. Take a carpet knife, and cut a wedge trough into the drywall. Put your wire in and spackle over (Assuming your wall is not textured) Then just paint over the spackle to match. Takes alot less time and is much less frustrating than fishing it through. I'm not sure what this means for code, since it's not really in the wall, but it does work, and if you have flat drywall, you cant see a scar. (also assuming that you still have the same paint or can get more/color match)

Matthew-K

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone else use this stuff yet? I want to add my back surround speaker to my HT and would like to know if this stuff works good, and conceals even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks