What's new

Any Cold Fusion developers out there? (1 Viewer)

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
I started using PHP/MySQL last spring and found them to be great, powerful technologies for interactive web development.

In my current position I am using Cold Fusion to do more or less the same things. I found the learning curve for CF to be fairly low coming into it with PHP experience.

I think CF will remain popular but will eventually be passed by PHP.

I am still new to CF so I haven't really tapped in to all its capabilities.

CF Developers: Any thoughts on the future of Cold Fusion? Is there anything it does that PHP doesn't?

Eric Gan

Agent
Hi Mike,

Cold Fusion was the first language I learned for web database connectivity. I've since done a lot of work in ASP and have recently wrote some stuff in PHP. They all do basically the same thing. The frustrating part is to learn the syntax as you switch from one to another, but you face pretty much the same problems over and over again when writing browser based applications.

As for the future of Cold Fusion, I'm not so sure. I think it is far behind ASP and may have even been surpassed by PHP. Since Macromedia has acquired Allaire, who knows what the future of this scripting language is because I believe Flash has its own scripting language for database connectivity (not sure....I haven't done any Flash programming).

Anyways...I think I've had enough of creating websites. Been doin' it for the last 5 years or so. Thinking of trying a career in video editing instead. Seems like fun.

Regards,

Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks