Any chances of MGM releasing a Midnite Movies Poe/Price themed Boxset?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Lino Reno, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Lino Reno

Lino Reno Stunt Coordinator

Now that they are re-releasing House of Usher in the same disc as Pit and Pendulum, it would be nice if this happened.

Does anyone else think differently? I know we would still have Tales of Terror and War Gods of the Deep as individual releases, but that could be easily solved in order for the Boxset to have the lowest number of disks possible, thus making it both consistent in content and cheaper!

Any thoughts?

2. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

I have all of MGM Corman-Poe, so it wouldn't really bother me, but a boxed set of them all on DVD-10s for $69.98 RRP or less would be a good idea for future buyers.

What about a Vincent Price boxed set from MGM?

3. Lino Reno

George Reis has said on the Yahoo Midnite Movies Discussion forum that some of the unannounced titles are going to be already released ones coupled with new ones.

Maybe they are planning something with Tales and War Gods, hopefully. I mean, it makes sense - they're the only Poe titles that will not be double features after the release of Pit/Usher.

If that is the case, which films do you think could be coupled with Tales of Terror and War Gods of the Deep?

4. Matt.Koz

Matt.Koz Stunt Coordinator

Matt Kozlowski
    I could see Tales of Terror being combined with Twice Told Tales. War Gods of the Deep and Master of the World would be a cool pairing. Would like to see Theater of Blood paired with Madhouse. I hope Matthew Hopkins: Witchfinder General (aka Conqueror Worm) is in the next batch.

5. Lino Reno

Witchfinder General could be cleverly coupled with The Sorcerers for a Michael Reeves double-dip!

These two titles are on sale in the UK for quite a long time now, and it is a crying shame that they're not in the US!

6. AlanBrom

AlanBrom Second Unit

In the U.S., THE SORCERERS is owned by Warners, so I don't think MGM can match it with WITCHFINDER. Perhaps they can do it with BURN WITCH BURN?

7. Jae_E

Jae_E Agent

I'll second that! WITCHFINDER and BURN WITCH BURN are my 2 most wanted Midnite Movies.

8. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

Lino,

I'd kill for the Michael Reeves two-fer (though I just ordered "Sorcerers" now that I'm region-free).

I am very upset at MGM causing people to double-dip.

9. Lino Reno

Well, I won't be double-dipping because I haven't got any of the so-far announced disks!

And in the case of the Pit/Usher disk, that one came down just heavenly because I was thinking of buying them in the future and I guess this way I will be saving some bucks!

10. soop.spoon

soop.spoon Supporting Actor

Can somebody please list all the Corman/Poe titles?

Pit & The Pendulum, Fall Of The House Of Usher, ... ?

11. Lino Reno

Instead of just naming the Corman/Price titles, I'm going to list all the Midnite Movies Poe/Price ones for a more thorough list (these are all available on DVD):

- Comedy of Terrors/ The Raven

- The Haunted Palace/ Tower of London

- The Tomb of Ligeia/ An Evening with Edgar Allan Poe

- The Oblong Box/ Scream and Scream Again**

- Murders of the Rue Morgue/ Cry of the Banshee**

- The Masque of the Red Death/ Premature Burial

- The Pit and the Pendulum/ The Fall of the House of Usher (due next August as a double feature)

- War Gods of the Deep

- Tales of Terror*

(* this is the only title that doesn't have the Midnite Movies banner; ** also, Scream... and Cry of the Banshee are not Poe adaptations, but Price stars in them).

And to return to the theme of this thread, I DO hope they do something with these last two!

12. Lino Reno

I WANT A EDGAR ALLAN POE/ VINCENT PRICE MIDNITE MOVIES BOXSET FOR HALLOWEEN!!!

(sorry for the rant..., but I want it badly!)