Any chance Veritas and/or Miracles will air on Scifi channel??

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by todd s, Dec 14, 2003.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Just wondering if the scifi channel will air either of these shows. Both had episodes that never aired.

2. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Well, both were produced by Touchstone Television, and I can't recall Sci-Fi ever licensing series from Disney/Buena Vista. Not to say it can't happen, just that there's little precedent. Veritas I could see winding up on ABC Family at some point, but I don't know about Miracles.

Actually, I can't remember the last short-run series Sci-Fi picked up... Has there been anything since Strange World? I wonder if maybe they just don't consider those good investments any more.

3. Mark Turetsky

Mark Turetsky Supporting Actor

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the lost Miracles episodes are currently airing in Canada.

4. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Mark,

They are. Actually, both shows have been airing in Europe and Australia. I hope ABC family decides to air one of them.

5. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Another question may be how long ABC has exclusive rights - I would imagine it ended at the official end of the last season (sometime in September), but with their late start, who knows? I imagine Universal/USA/Sci-Fi would have had to pay extra to get the rights before that period ended.

6. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Cinematographer

Miracles had some real potential as a hybrid of The Exorcist and The X-Files and was starting to find it's way. Most of the shows dealing with the main supernatural story arch--its own X-Files type "Mythology"--, especially the Pilot, were actually pretty creepy.

Someone needs to get a hold of the cast, get a financial backer, grab some good writers and directors, and start it up again.

Damn that Disney!!

Dan