Any chance of seeing "young indiana jones" on dvd?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by todd stone, May 18, 2002.

1. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

nt

2. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

"Any chance of this?" "Any chance of that?" Come on Todd, you know there's always a chance someone will win the lottery and fund it themself. [​IMG] Sign me up.

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

This has been brought up in a thread in the HTF Studio Feedback section. The question about the tv series was posted AFTER Paramount VP Martin Blythe definitively stated something to the effect of "no Indy on DVD this year" (paraphrase; I'm not gonna go find the original quote or the thread it's in; I'm pooped).

I have to assume that this means the tv series as well as the trilogy of films...

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

If it's anything like the VHS, I would not be suprised at season boxes of Young Indy at the same time as the movies

5. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

how many seasons was the tv series? I forget

6. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

2 or 3 counting the UK exclusives I believe.

7. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

The Young Indy shows have been supposedly 'fixed' so that there are 22 - 2hr shows. Thus the trilogy would be numbered 23, 24 & 25.

Glenn

8. Michael Dueppen

Michael Dueppen Stunt Coordinator

I'm really looking forward to this show on DVD.

I liked quite a few episodes very much.

Here's hoping...

9. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

It was a great series. Shame it probably wasn't shot on widescreen. It would cool to have extra stuff to look forwards to. [​IMG]
    In fact they could probably release the 2hr version of Phantom Train of Doom and I'd be happy enough!!

10. Adam_S

Adam_S Producer

Adam_S
    bumping up because of the article on dvdfile. I just hope they don't jip us by pulling a star trek original series (only one or two episodes a disc, and each disc at 20$ each), I'd much rather buy these in season sets. I also hope they release all of these, I never saw any but the teenage Indy released on vhs (being 11 when this series aired, I prefered the 12 yo Indy). Since I watched this show near religiously when younger I'm very anxious to get it on dvd.
    http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-...002/10_24.html
    Adam

11. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Holy crap! I finally might get those 3 or 4 episodes that never aired and that I could never find when they made them into movies. Let's just hope we don't have to wait too long.
    **UPDATE**
    I just went to the video business article dvdfile quotes. He said it could take 3 to 4 years to do the documentaries he wants to put with the show. 3 to 4 years!!!! [​IMG]

12. Jaxon's Dad

Jaxon's Dad Supporting Actor

Doug
    As excited as I want to be about this announcement, I can't help thinking that George Lucas will exercise his revisionist muscle and drop the bookends with Old Indy, as was the case with the VHS tapes from a couple of years back.

Say what you will about Paramount's release strategy with Star Trek:TOS (a belabored point that has been addressed by Paramount themselves and since rectified with the release strategy of TNG and, presumably, all forthcoming Trek TV product), they did right by this series. For example, in the case of "City on the Edge of Forever," Paramount actually restored some original music that had been replaced for syndication. That's how much they care about their product.

However, Young Indy is the property of Lucasfilm Ltd. leaving Paramount's hands tied in this case. We all know how George likes to change things. If Paramount actually owned this series, rather than merely being the distributor, we would probably see the original, uncut episodes. Alas, this will probably not happen. Unless George changes his mind yet again.

13. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

It's nice to know that these are finally moving closer to the front-burner at LucasFilm, especially since this is the sort of thing Lucas was talking about waaaay back when the series first aired (I think he said something like "high-capacity CD-ROM" instead of DVD, of course).

14. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

wow, I loved these shows when they first came out
    [​IMG]

15. Aaron Cohen

Aaron Cohen Second Unit

Didn't in the full Indiana Jones VHS Series, Temple of Doom come before Raiders Of The Lost Ark? I seem to remember that they numbered them that way.... Am I correct?

16. Jaxon's Dad

Jaxon's Dad Supporting Actor

Doug
    Yes Aaron. The film is set in 1935, one year earlier than Raiders.

17. Craig S

Craig S Producer

Craig Seanor
    However long it takes, I'm glad these are coming. Some of these shows were really extraordinary!

18. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Since not everyone will be able to see the article, and since this is only a portion of the article (the rest of it involves other subjects, like what Rick's favorite DVDs are and more on his comments about piracy, etc.):

19. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

nearly a year later and the Bits Rumor mill
    we have official confirmation from Lucasfilm's Jim Ward, via the Indy DVD event we attended on Saturday, that The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles TV series is currently in production for DVD release. There's no street date yet, but late 2004 is certainly possible.
    [​IMG]

20. David Sal

David Sal Stunt Coordinator

Go to the Rumor Mill in The bits. New info post from the Indy DVD event!!!