What's new

Any chance of HD programming for Olympics? (1 Viewer)

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Can I go to my SO and say: "Look Honey, they are going to broadcast the winter Olympics in HD..." as a justification to start shopping for a HD set and a Dish 6000 receiver?

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
HDNET is? I get the feeling from their commercials that they are going to be broadcasting Olympic SPORTS events, not the actual Olympics. I'd love to be wrong.
biggrin.gif

Andy L

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, I think that HDNet is broadcasting Olympic qualifying events, not the actual Olympics. With the bundle that NBC shelled out for that package, I don't think we'll be seeing coverage on any other channel.
I don't think that NBC has made a statement either way on covering the Olympics in HD. Based on their history, I would be surprised if they pull it off but we can always hope.
You'd better find another excuse to start shopping!

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
The Olympics on NBC again. BARF!!! I don't care if they're HD or in black & white and mono sound. They do a lousy job every... single... time.
ABC was the KING baby when they had the rights. "The Thrill of Victory. The Agony of Defeat." Those were the days!
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks