What's new

Any Chance of "Eddie Murphy: Delirious"? (1 Viewer)

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Wow this thread is bringing back some memories.

I've got an audio tape of Delirious that sounds terrible, but I used to listen to it all the time as a kid. It's classic and I can practically quote it all. Very funny stuff. I'd buy the dvd in a heartbeat. Same as Raw. Very good stuff.

Ravi K

Supporting Actor

I watched the CC airing of Raw. I had not seen it before, so I don't know if anything was cut, but the f-word was bleeped. The s-word was not.

Raw was absolutely hilarious. If Delirious is even better, I can't wait to see it.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I don't understand why they will show South Park B.L.U. with the F-Word in but not "Raw" what gives? I hope it's not pussying out to the F.C.C.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Good times, good times, whoever resurrected this thread. Had to go through a good amount of sorting to find this tape.

Eddie: I was so mad at what he said I called Richard Pryor's house up and said 'Yo, Richard, Bill Cosby just called me up and said I was too dirty' and Richard said (as Richard Pryor) 'The next time motherf--ker calls, tell him I said suck my dick! I don't give a f--k! Whatever the f--k make people laugh, say that shit. Do the people laugh when you say what you say?'
Eddie: I said yes.
Eddie (as Richard Pryor): Do you get paid?
Eddie: I said yes.
Eddie (as Richard Pryor): Well then tell Bill I said have a Coke and a smile and shut the fuck up!

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Makes you wonder how these ridiculous rumors get started about Eddie Murphy owning the rights to Raw and not wanting it released.

Jeff

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Thank goodness for Raw! I just had a friend TIVO Raw! from a late night comedy central airing...and it was censored! What's the point in that? ;)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Seriously, I doubt it, and the fact that it
wasn't announced alongside RAW makes me
even more certain.

Never say never, but from all I have heard over
the years Delerious is a title Murphy has
not wanted released. You can't even get on VHS
anymore.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Too bad because Delirious was a hundred times funnier than Raw. Don't get me wrong, I liked Raw a lot, but Delirious is quite possibly the best stand-up comedy performance ever. Glad I still have a copy of it.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Assuming "Delirious" is a Paramount title (dunno who released it on VHS originally, perhaps the rights are in the air now?) then I would think it would have been announced *along with* "Raw" perhaps as a 2 disc set.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Michael,

Delerious is indeed a Paramount title and
the studio is well aware of how much fans want it.

Martin Blythe has been hammered with requests for
the past few years now.

The fact that it was not announced alongside Raw
makes me believe that Murphy would not agree to its
release.

Perhaps....and just perhaps Mr. Blythe will be
allowed to make a comment on this.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
absolutely fantastic news indeed about RAW

it's always good to see how Murphy do stand up and at his best

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Good news about Raw, but I'm really more interested in Delerious. Hopefully someone will change their mind on this one...

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
My ex-girlfriend and I laughed a lot more during Delerious than Raw. Seemed to be a lot more anger and pain in Raw, but I guess that's comedy in general. Having said all that, its great to see this happen!:emoji_thumbsup:

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Yes!

But I wish that Delirious would finally escape from Video Limbo...

My mother ran in the bathroom, see my big brother sitting in the bathroom with a piece of shit in his hand in the tub, I was laying in the bottom of the water with blood gushing out my eye, G.I. Joe up my ass. My mother's like "What the fuck going on in here?"

:laugh:

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Well as I said when I started this thread, 'Delirious' blows 'Raw' away. Don't get me wrong. I love them both, but I would've been a billion times more ecstatic if it were 'Delirious' on that list of releases.

It just baffles me how one can be released and not the other, and if Ron's theory is correct about Murphy not wanting 'Delirious' released, then it just doesn't make sense. Both stand-up acts are identical as far as offensive material is concerned, so why on earth is one being garnered with a DVD release and not the better, funnier 'Delirous'.

Be that as it may, I'll take what I can get. I'll grab 'Raw' in a heartbeat and continue to wear out my VHS version of 'Delirious' until Murphy (or whoever) decides to wake up and smell the toast. lol.

"You don't feed the dog. You don't clean up after the motherf***er. I have s**t that's been sitting in my den for six months. I said f**k it. I put my drink on top of it Eddie! You don't clean the s**t. People come over and say "Hey, that's lovely". I said, "It's not lovely, it's a piece of s**t." It's a coffee table now Eddie. You don't even know wha the f**k the dog's name is, do you Eddie? Listen......"COCOA"......where the f**k is he going?".

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Andrew,

Many seem to forget the incrediblew amount of
flack Eddie Murphy took (mainly from) the gay
community over his standup routine.

The controversy received a huge amount of press
and in the end, Murphy was forced to apologize.

It is my opinion that taking Delerious off
the market is Murphy's reconcilation with himself
as well as those he offended.

As I have said previously, I don't think we will
see Delerious on video anytime soon or perhaps
ever.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
"Now that's a fire!"

"She's got a moustache

"Norton, I've been watching you.."

"You can tell Bill to have a coke and a smile and shut the f@ck up.."

Would love to have this. Take one part Delirous and Raw, add 1 part Pulp Fiction and there's the extent of my language.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
but Ron, "Raw" does contain some gay material as well, maybe not as much but during it he even mentions the flack he got for his jokes.

Anyway, what's the OAR for "Raw"? I'm guessing 1.85.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks