What's new

Any Chance of "Eddie Murphy: Delirious"? (1 Viewer)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
My all-time favorite stand-up show of all time has got to be "Delirious" by Eddie Murphy. I've seen this more times than I can count and have worn the tape thin. lol. What I'm wondering if there's any possibility that this will make it to DVD. I would definitely be amongst the first to pick it up. Same goes for "Raw", which I enjoyed far less, but it was still pretty good in its own right.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I think the last I heard (and this is unofficial) was that Eddie controlled the rights to both of those "movies" but that he doesn't release them because he's now a family man with kids. That's why his recent choices have been all pretty much family fare. Gone is the Old Eddie of Bev Hills Cop fame. :frowning:

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
that would be sad news indeed. But then again, recently Best Defense was also released so there is hope yet

:emoji_thumbsup:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I do believe what Carlo stated is indeed the case, sadly.

I too would love to have this on dvd. I find it ironic that Eddie Murphy came down hard on Bill Cosby in 'Raw', and now he's BECOME Bill Cosby! :)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
lol, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. It's really too bad. I mean, I'm not knocking him for wanting to do family-oriented stuff, but I don't think it's fair to the legions of fans to simply disregard his early work regardless. But as you said, if he owns the rights to both, then I guess the ball's in his court. It's a shame though.

JimmyT

Stunt Coordinator
I would buy both Delirious and Raw in a heartbeat. Classic comedy from a genius in his prime. Too bad that man doesn't exist anymore.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
These two Murphy shows are among the best stand up films ever released. Shame it seems like we may never see them (or at least until Eddie needs the money.)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yup, you guys heard right.

Murphy took a lot of flack from the gay
community for that standup act.

Though we hounded Paramount to get this out,
the ultimate decision rests with Murphy, and
from what I hear, he doesn't want it out.

You can't even find this on VHS anymore.

What a shame.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I don't think we'll be seeing either Delirious or Raw for a long, long time. Which is indeed a real shame. The various Mr T, Michael Jackson, Bill Cosby and Richard Pryor impersonations are worth the price alone:

"You cannot say filth, florin' filth, florin filth in front of people!

- "I didn't say no filth florin' filth. I'm offended that you called, f*ck you."

"That is what I am talking about: Yooooooooou, cannot say... "f*ck" in front of people!"

I haven't seen Delirious since about 1991. From what I remember, it was HILARIOUSLY outrageous. There's that great bit when a woman asks him to do Mr Rogers (from SNL) and some guy shouts, "Shut up, bitch!" and Eddie drops the mike and folds into laughter! Crazy.

At least there are lots of Richard Pryor's concerts on DVD, plus the AMAZING CD boxed set - anyone else got that? It's a must for fans. The Richard Pryor Show is out soon too.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Very sad. Yet another Hollywood personality with all the control ashamed/unhappy with some of his best work.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
This is a true shame. I would gladly buy both of these releases in a second.

I haven't had even the slightest urge to watch any Murphy movie since "Coming to America". I saw "Boomerang" once, but only because somebody else dragged me to it.

Another one bites the dust!:angry:

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Well, in the case of Raw, Murphy does not own the rights to the film. It was just re-released on January 20th on VHS at a new price of $9.95.

Delirious is a whole different matter. I'm not sure who owns it anymore. However, I don't think content is an issue, since most of the material from it is available on Murphy's Comedian CD, including all the homesexual jokes.

Jeff

Mark Palermo

Second Unit
The Comedian album's been available since the early 80s though. It's possible that the record company holds the rights to it. I've read Murphy saying that he regrets a lot of the bigoted comments made in Delirious, so I'd suspect it's a content issue.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Very sad indeed. I have one of them literally memorized by heart and will 'jump' into one of the skits when the boys are around. Makes em' laugh everytime.

"Gus!! Your wifes a bigfoot!!!"
"What the hell does Goony Goo Goo mean anyway?"
"I say 'Hey Franchese! Goony Goo Goo!' He says "What the F#$%!!' Get the hell out of here!!'"

Classic Eddie. :D The ONLY Eddie that I find funny.

CF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks