What's new

Any chance of an unrated cut of 'HOUSE OF 1,000 CORPSES' on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
As I have often described this fevered acid trip of a horror film, it's like being strapped into an electric chair and fried with 10.000 volts for 90 min! I love it! However watching it I get the strong feeling that there were MANY edits made during some of the more gruesome scenes.

I would pay good money for an unrated edition of this one, I know that we all hate studios that double dip us, but in this case, I am practically DARING Lions Gate to double dip me! :)

Anybody else?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed House Of 1000 Corpses. And I love seeing real uncut versions of movies (not just 'we added scenes so we could call it uncut for a marketing gimmick') so I'd defintiely check out an uncut version of House.

Maybe it'll come out when The Devil's Rejects is released? Or maybe even when that movie gets released on DVD? I'd be kinda surprised if it didn't happen at one of those two times.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Has there ever been an instance when Lions Gate released a second edition of one of their titles?

If yes, then it would give me more hope that it could happen. I'm sure Rob Zombie has been asked about this same issue more than a few times from fans.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

I remember an interview in Sound and Vision mag back before the first DVD was released when he said he was working on editing the director's cut together. I think he also said in a separate interview that they would release the unrated cut as tie-in with the sequel.

I would rent it, but probably not buy. Either way, I'll be there for The Devil's Rejects.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Has Lions' Gate ever reissued one of their titles?

Here are some examples:

-The "Rambo" movies
-"Terminator 2: Judgement Day"
-"Basic Instinct"
-"Young Guns"
-"Angel Heart"
-"Total Recall"
-"Red Heat"
-"The Running Man"
-"Dirty Dancing"

Mostly the Carolco titles have been reissued multiple times.

I would love a double-dip for "House Of 1000 Corpses", and I hope we get one instead of something like "The Running Man: Ultimate Extreme Magnificent Tremendous Stupendous Spectacular Astounding Edition".

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

SHIT! I might have given them an idea.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Shit, where the hell was I!? :b

Anyway, moving foreward...;)

Thanks, Matt for the heads up on Rob Zombie's comments, so it looks good that it'll happen, very cool! :emoji_thumbsup:

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I too am holding out for an uncut version. After reading about the problems this film had with the studios, I didn't bother getting the current disc.

Donnie Eldridge

Supporting Actor
Wasn't this rumor put to rest sometime back? I recall Rob had wanted to do this for the get go, but when the film wrapped there was no additional material for an uncut dvd version. I'll try and find the interview.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I remember reading, can't remember where, that Rob was given the choice of making a full blown uncut disk, or making a sequel and he, obviously, opted for the sequel.

But it's been so long, I may be imagining things....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks