What's new

any chance of an SE of Nick of Time? (1 Viewer)

Rob T

Screenwriter
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113972/
I've seen it a few times in the past and I liked it very much. I know the current disc is barebones with widescreen enhanced, with the OAR and DD5.1. anybody know if the A/V sounds/looks good?
is there an SE coming that I should wait for instead?

Haden

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't mind seeing an SE. There's some extra scenes in the television version that has aired on USA which weren't included in the theatrical/video releases as I recall.

Pat_TL

Stunt Coordinator
This was a good film and Depp was more than decent in it; reminds me very much of other cat and mouse thrillers like In The Line Of Fire. I would buy an SE if it came out, I think.

Christopher*KH

Stunt Coordinator
"Nick of Time" is one of my favorite Depp films as well as Christopher Walken's. One other thing about the film I like is thats its in real-time. I can not recall the director's name. I liked Charles S Dutton performance too. Basically the entire film's performances were spot on.

I was talking about this film at work just yesterday. I heard on the radio that Johnny Depp likes to use an ear-promptor while filming and has someone read lines to him off camera when needed. He saw Brando do this while filming "DonJuan DeMarco". If anyone can provide the A/V Quality on this thread it would be great.

Happy Holidays to ALL, Chris

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will

The director was John Badham, who also directed the classics "Wargames" and "Point of No Return".

I would absolutely love to see a special edition of this, although I'm not sure about too many deleted scenes, as the real-time nature of the film probably meant they had a pretty good idea about running time while filming. Anyway, it's nice to see a gimmick-film that works for a change.

Pat_TL

Stunt Coordinator
"Nick of Time" is one of my favorite Depp films as well as Christopher Walken's. One other thing about the film I like is thats its in real-time. I can not recall the director's name. I liked Charles S Dutton performance too. Basically the entire film's performances were spot on."

Agreed. Dutton's performance was impressive as the shoe shine guy pretending to be deaf when Walken approaches his booth; the film was pretty good----never really stood out on any want list of mine as being a "must have" or an awesome piece of cinema, but I thought it was enetertaining. I actually rented it last year when I was out by my parents in Vegas and my girlfriend was with me; she had never seen it. We watched it on their 55" Mitsubishi screen and ran the audio through their Onkyo TX-SR600 and Polk surround system...I cannot recall the quality on the disc I rented.

Aaron Thorne

Stunt Coordinator

As good of a performance as Donnie Brasco or Captian Jack Sparrow?

I have not seen this film but this thread just forced me to place an order on Columbia House. I'm a big fan of Depp and Walken

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I know I rented this on DVD a few years ago, but don't remember how it looked or sounded. I do know that I really like this movie and would definitely buy a special edition if it were available. I might even buy the bare bones version now that you are all talking about it.

This was the first movie where I took notice of how good an actor Depp is. It's strange seeing him play a "normal" guy. :)

Pat_TL

Stunt Coordinator
"I know I rented this on DVD a few years ago, but don't remember how it looked or sounded."

Exactly what I said.

Christopher*KH

Stunt Coordinator

I thought the same thing. With roles like.....
Ed Wood
Jack Sparrow
Mort Rainey
Ichabod Crane
Inspector Frederick Abberline
Raoul Duke
George Jung

But I guess the role from Nightmare from Elmstreet's Glen Lantz is a normal role. I can't think of anyother one's those are some that I have.

Happy Holidays, Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks