What's new

any chance of a GITS live action movie? (1 Viewer)

Albert Noel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Albert Noel
i'm a huge Ghost in the Shell fan.

there have been so many major advances in computer effects, it wouldnt be that hard to do a movie like this these days.

any chance of somehting like this coming into light?

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure it would be really easy on the actors...they would hardly need to memorize any lines since most of the speaking parts are done in voice-over. :D

But, it would be extra effort for some of the better actors to stay wooden. Although, Keannu "slightly less wooden than oak" Reeves would be perfect! ;)

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
I can honestly and truly say I hope not. I love GitS with all my heart, and I have yet to see a really good Live Action Anime. I would accept it if it were done by somebody truly great, like Cameron, but I fear that no good would come of it. I fear for the Evangelion Live Action comin' out.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Hollywood Executive to intern: This is really great and powerful storytelling why don't you tell us why it is? Oh and try to figure out a way so that there's no computer thingie person going on, that really confused me, and try to think how we can make this more straightforward and we can't have anyone be robotic or kinda robotic because people won't relate to anything but a blue blooded american goldenrod and the action scenes are all really repetitive It's a real weakness in the storytelling but we need more action scenes in there cause we cant' have all these talkie moments every dialogue has to drive the plot forward none of this pretentious thinking crap, like there's any menaing in that anyway, so think of a new chase scene and maybe like a laser tag scene but with real lasers though no one knows it but don't make it bloody because we want a pg 13 and all that animated nudity was really fuckin creepy, those japanese are just so wierd so make sure that no one is ever ever naked in the film it's just incredibly very wrong and we'd never get away with it cause this is a family movie [ed. because it's based on a cartoon] and the head of the studio family division would never let through something with character who might say they hate themselves or aren't comfortable with themselves or don't affirm their positive life existence by the end of the film in an irrevocablly positive manner oh and make sure it has to be set in America, Texas would probably be good we can get southern accents in there cause people love southern accents and maybe we can use drew barrymore she was really good in that romantic comedy in alabama a few years ago but yeah shouldn't give you any trouble just write us up some logic of the outline of the story based on my comments cause we think it will work because it's really powerful storytelling it just doesn't work on a real film is all.

«intern's head explodes»

hollywood studio exec - why does that always happen?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks