What's new

Any chance mill creek (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Will Get the rights to Quincy like the did for Rockford? I want in the worst way to get Quincy but universal’s season sets are ridiculously priced. I got the Rockford mill creek set for a real deal

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I'd be thrilled if it was a Blu Ray, if only because Mil Creek's DVD packaging and compression is godawful. The individual sleeves, squeezing too many episodes per disc and READY SET BINGE! just makes my eyeballs bleed.

Their BD sets, though, are more than fine.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I suspect the earliest this will ever happen, is when Shout Factory's licensing agreement with Universal for Quincy ME expires.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
The same ^ can probably be said of other Universal shows which were continued on dvd by Shout Factory.

For example, stuff like:

- Dragnet 1967-1970
- Adam 12
- Simon & Simon
- Kojak
- Leave It To Beaver
- etc ...

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I've been hoping for an Emergency Bluray set from Mill Creek. And Universal should get a Columbo Bluray set out or let Mill Creek do that one also.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I am wondering if Mill Creek will re release Seasons 2-5 of silk Stalkings ....I know they re released Season 1 and then Seasons 6-8..I have the old Anchor Bay Sets and I have not had issues with them. However, there are Flippers in some Seasons. Im not asking for a blu Ray release just a complete set with no flippers

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I am wondering if Mill Creek will re release Seasons 2-5 of silk Stalkings ....I know they re released Season 1 and then Seasons 6-8..I have the old Anchor Bay Sets and I have not had issues with them. However, there are Flippers in some Seasons. Im not asking for a blu Ray release just a complete set with no flippers

I suspect if millcreek has not bothered to release seasons 2-5, then most likely this means the season 1 re-release and seasons 6-8 sets were not great sellers.

Another matter is whether Mill Creek's licensing contract with Stephen J Cannell's estate has already expired. If it is already expired and not renewed, then we'll never see mill creek releasing seasons 2-5.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
More generally, I find it somewhat sad and very depressing that Mill Creek has become the "savior of last resort" for tv on dvd (or bluray) and some movies.

Back in the day, I always thought Mill Creek was one of the worst bottom feeders in the dvd business. (The only folks even worse, are the outright bootleggers).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks