What's new

Any chance Metal Gear Solid 2 will be released on X-Box? (1 Viewer)

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Dunno... Supposed to be a 'Metal Gear Solid X'
Wether or not it is the same game as 'Sons of Liberty' ...I don't think anyone knows yet.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Metal Gear Solid X is rumored to be a side story that leads up to MGS2 and takes place after MGS. I have heard it might have the end of MGS and the beginning of MGS2, or might even be both games put together.
Nonetheless, graphics will be the only benefits, and thats iffy. I say stick with the PS2 one anyway, especially since MGSX is a long time away if its even being made.

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
Last I heard was that it won't be out until next year and is a hybrid of MGS1 and MGS2 put together.

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
Fact is nobody knows what MGSX will be. Last I heard Kojima didn't even know. He wasn't planning on thinking about it until MGS2 was done. I'm sure he's had guys prototyping a game engine for the Xbox, but content is up in the air. It could be a really pretty version of the first game, it could be a port of the second game, it could be a kind of remix of parts from the first and second games, it could be a side story that happens between the first and second. Nobody knows (although cetain Xbox fansites like to pretend they know).
At any rate it'll be a while before it comes out.
------------------
Brad Grenz
Link Removed
the Widgets

Scott W.

Second Unit
I read most of the major gaming magazines and am a freqent visitor of videogames.com and there hasn't been any talk of the Metal Gear series on any other platform then PlayStation.
Scott

Dan B

Screenwriter
Scott, with all due respect :), there has been much talk about this series coming to the Xbox from the creator of the series himself and it's already come to the PC in the previous episode. However, there have been a lot of vague and contradictory statements made by Konami as well.
Bottom line, some sort of Metal Gear game for the Xbox is in development, but that doesn't mean that it will be released.
-Dan

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I read most of the major gaming magazines and am a freqent visitor of videogames.com and there hasn't been any talk of the Metal Gear series on any other platform then PlayStation.
Then you need to find better websites & magazines to read. "Metal Gear Solid X" as a project was announced the same time as "Silent Hill X" for the XBox. There's just been zero concrete details since the original announcement.
------------------
Nothing In Particular

Scott W.

Second Unit
Dan and Brian. Yeah, you're right. I looked at the last few issues of Official PS mag and EGM... they do talk about the possibility. I'm sorry, I was wrong.
Scott

Rob_McK

Auditioning
Over a year ago Gamespot had a news item saying that Konami had announced MGSX, and it would be a port of MGS2. Later on different info came out saying all sorts of different things as mentioned above. My guess is that Sony smacked Konami around a bit to shut them up until after the PS2 version came out, and that after the holidays we'll hear more about it.
[Edited last by Rob_McK on November 08, 2001 at 08:49 AM]

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Rob. We heard very little about the XBOX Silent Hill 2 until after the PS2 release was out a few weeks. Then the floodgates opened.
-Dave
------------------
DVD List
"The page you are looking for is here no more. Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore.'"

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
My guess is that Sony smacked Konami around a bit to shut them up until after the PS2 version came out
More likely it was just IGN and Gamespot and other over zealous videogame sites reporting rumors as news. There was never any legitimate or official announcement. Just a lot of fanboy speculation and journalist innuendo. I doubt very much if Sony had anything to do with it as Kojima has repeatedly said in interviews that MGSX's content hadn't been determined.
------------------
Brad Grenz
Link Removed
the Widgets

Rob_McK

Auditioning
Well, I suppose that's possible, but Gamespot, which is owned by a large media company, doesn't usually say things like:
Konami of Japan announced today that it will develop several high-profile games for the Microsoft Xbox and other next-generation consoles. The major announcement was the confirmation of Metal Gear Solid X for the Xbox. It will be a port of the upcoming Metal Gear Solid 2...

based on fanboy rumors. I'm not saying that this info is still valid, maybe they have changed their minds, maybe there was miscommunication. Or maybe it was true, and for whatever reason they are no longer willing to talk about it.

paul h

Supporting Actor
This is the last article i read about it from a report on the Tokyo Game Show:
One of the most anticipated Konami titles is the Xbox version of Metal Gear Solid, but the future of the project has been cast in doubt, with the Konami spokesperson stating: “[Metal Gear Solid] has never been on our Xbox release schedules. We don’t know what’s happening with the title.” Metal Gear Solid 2 was announced as a PlayStation 2 exclusive at E3 this May.
So who knows, if they are making MGSX then they're being damn quiet about it.

Kelly Scott Rickards

Stunt Coordinator
It is so funny this question comes up, because Konami of Japan *JUST* updated their website yesterday, and it includes MGSX, much to the chagrin of some PS2 fanboyz
wink.gif

Link Removed
There is a 5 page flame war about this very subject over at the gaming-age forums
Link Removed
So the answer to the question is: YES, MGS2 is coming to the XBOX

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
I can't read anything on that page. What part says MGSX is an Xbox version of MGS2? No one (well at least I'm not) disputing the existance of MGSX. What's in dispute is what the game would include.
------------------
Brad Grenz
Link Removed
the Widgets

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Everything is idle speculation and inference based on snippets of quotes.
A Metal Gear Solid games is coming to the XBox. What it will be is completely unknown. Perhaps a port, perhaps a compilation, perhaps a new story. There is no evidence of which is right.
The only other speculation is that it's a year away. Plenty of titles to come out between then and now to keep you occupied.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks