Any chance Metal Gear Solid 2 will be released on X-Box?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Trevor H, Nov 6, 2001.

1. Trevor H

Trevor H Second Unit

I want to buy an X-Box instead of A PS2 but I also must have MGS2, will it be exclusive to PS2?
    ------------------
    Trevor Harder
    My HT Page
    [email protected]

2. Sean Oneil

Sean Oneil Supporting Actor

Dunno... Supposed to be a 'Metal Gear Solid X'
    Wether or not it is the same game as 'Sons of Liberty' ...I don't think anyone knows yet.

3. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Metal Gear Solid X is rumored to be a side story that leads up to MGS2 and takes place after MGS. I have heard it might have the end of MGS and the beginning of MGS2, or might even be both games put together.
    Nonetheless, graphics will be the only benefits, and thats iffy. I say stick with the PS2 one anyway, especially since MGSX is a long time away if its even being made.

4. Joshua Moran

Joshua Moran Supporting Actor

Last I heard was that it won't be out until next year and is a hybrid of MGS1 and MGS2 put together.

5. Brad Grenz

Brad Grenz Second Unit

Fact is nobody knows what MGSX will be. Last I heard Kojima didn't even know. He wasn't planning on thinking about it until MGS2 was done. I'm sure he's had guys prototyping a game engine for the Xbox, but content is up in the air. It could be a really pretty version of the first game, it could be a port of the second game, it could be a kind of remix of parts from the first and second games, it could be a side story that happens between the first and second. Nobody knows (although cetain Xbox fansites like to pretend they know).
    At any rate it'll be a while before it comes out.
    ------------------
    Brad Grenz
    intelligenTV
    the Widgets

6. Scott W.

Scott W. Second Unit

I read most of the major gaming magazines and am a freqent visitor of videogames.com, and there hasn't been any talk of the Metal Gear series on any other platform then PlayStation.
    Scott

7. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

Scott, with all due respect [​IMG], there has been much talk about this series coming to the Xbox from the creator of the series himself and it's already come to the PC in the previous episode. However, there have been a lot of vague and contradictory statements made by Konami as well.
    Bottom line, some sort of Metal Gear game for the Xbox is in development, but that doesn't mean that it will be released.
    -Dan

8. BrianB

BrianB Producer

9. Scott W.

Scott W. Second Unit

Dan and Brian. Yeah, you're right. I looked at the last few issues of Official PS mag and EGM... they do talk about the possibility. I'm sorry, I was wrong.
    Scott

10. Rob_McK

Rob_McK Auditioning

Over a year ago Gamespot had a news item saying that Konami had announced MGSX, and it would be a port of MGS2. Later on different info came out saying all sorts of different things as mentioned above. My guess is that Sony smacked Konami around a bit to shut them up until after the PS2 version came out, and that after the holidays we'll hear more about it.
    [Edited last by Rob_McK on November 08, 2001 at 08:49 AM]

11. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

I agree with Rob. We heard very little about the XBOX Silent Hill 2 until after the PS2 release was out a few weeks. Then the floodgates opened.
    -Dave
    ------------------
    DVD List
    "The page you are looking for is here no more. Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore.'"

12. Brad Grenz

Brad Grenz Second Unit

13. Rob_McK

Rob_McK Auditioning

Well, I suppose that's possible, but Gamespot, which is owned by a large media company, doesn't usually say things like:

14. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

This is the last article i read about it from a report on the Tokyo Game Show:
    One of the most anticipated Konami titles is the Xbox version of Metal Gear Solid, but the future of the project has been cast in doubt, with the Konami spokesperson stating: “[Metal Gear Solid] has never been on our Xbox release schedules. We don’t know what’s happening with the title.” Metal Gear Solid 2 was announced as a PlayStation 2 exclusive at E3 this May.
    So who knows, if they are making MGSX then they're being damn quiet about it.

15. Kelly Scott Rickards

Kelly Scott Rickards Stunt Coordinator

16. Michael St. Clair

17. Brad Grenz

Brad Grenz Second Unit

I can't read anything on that page. What part says MGSX is an Xbox version of MGS2? No one (well at least I'm not) disputing the existance of MGSX. What's in dispute is what the game would include.
    ------------------
    Brad Grenz
    intelligenTV
    the Widgets

18. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Everything is idle speculation and inference based on snippets of quotes.
    A Metal Gear Solid games is coming to the XBox. What it will be is completely unknown. Perhaps a port, perhaps a compilation, perhaps a new story. There is no evidence of which is right.
    The only other speculation is that it's a year away. Plenty of titles to come out between then and now to keep you occupied.