What's new

Any Chance for a Waterworld SE? (1 Viewer)

Mark Roger

Agent
I was just watching this on video and was wondering why Universal never re-visited this title. I know that the director and Costner didn't get along but an SE with commentary, deleted footage (like the stuff that aired on TV), and making of would really be nice. I think I am in the minority on this one.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
I doubt it.

When Universal Pictures did not like Kevin Reynolds' cut of the film, they asked him to change it. Reynolds refused so Universal got Kevin Costner to cut the film.

The first showing on the ABC networks restored the forty minutes that were excised from the film. Subsequent showings of Waterworld on TV now have some of the restored scenes cut out again.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i have a laser of this and a dvd. i would buy it again with all the extra scenes put into the actual movie.

one of my guilty pleasures.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I want an SE of this as well. Im pissed cause I had a VHS off TV of the Extended version and its gone. I dont know what happened to it. I didnt even get to watch all of it. :angry:

Will K

Screenwriter
I think Universal said they'd do it once Dragonfly hits the $250 million mark at the box office. :D

Thomas J.

Stunt Coordinator
I want this too. I only saw some of the extended version when it aired on t.v. about 3 years ago, but the added stuff looked substantial; it explained more of the plot, and it fleshed out the characters and scenarios. Universal, please, at least CONSIDER this. You spent so much money on making this film, so don't just forget about it altogether. This film has an audience, and I want you to know that I'm just one of the many.:) *crosses fingers*

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I would like to see an extended cut of the film, as that would be the only way I would re-purchase it (although I would like to see a "making-of" documentary the more I think about it. I would be curious to see the sets that were used). At least the current release has solid picture and sound.

P.S. Has anyone ever compared the DTS release to the standard DD 4.0 release? I've heard there is little difference.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The Dolby Digital version of Waterworld is 5.0 NOT 4.0. It has split surrouds but very little LFE. The dts version is 5.1, but I really couldn't tell that much of a difference between the two.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.