Any chance for a better version of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre"?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by chris larralde, Sep 7, 2001.

1. chris larralde

chris larralde Stunt Coordinator

I've read that the current DVD (Pioneer?) was struck from a different master than the laser disk, and is not quite as good. An anamorphic transfer would be nice too. Are there any plans to make a more difinitive version of this masterpiece?
    chris

2. Bill McA

Bill McA Producer

I believe that the Pioneer DVD is the same as the MPI laser disc.
    However there was a terrific 2-disc wide screen special edition Laser Disc from Elite Entertainment with lots of extras.
    I have resisted buying the current DVD in hopes that the Elite version will be released at some point.
    ------------------
    DVDBeaver & My DVD Collection

3. Kevin Leonard

Kevin Leonard Supporting Actor

Er Bill, I think the Pioneer DVD has all the Elite LD extras. Perhaps you're thinking of Part 2?
    About the image transfer: I think it looks pretty good, especially considering the age of the film and the low budget. I've seen screencaps from the LD version and the difference--to my eyes--is small.
    Unless there is a massive demand for an anamorphic Leatherface, I wouldn't count on a reissue of TCM in the near future.
    ------------------
    Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
    ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)
    [Edited last by Kevin Leonard on September 07, 2001 at 10:05 PM]