What's new

Any "Casper" reviews yet..???? (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I didn't notice the EX/ES flag on my receiver light up, but since it's only 5.1 I wasn't really looking for it.

Don't own the LD (but did see a bit of it at Dave Tolsky's house) so I can't do an A/B with the DTS track. I can tell you that the first half-hour of Casper (all I've had time to sample) sounds terrific on my system.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
I'm fairly pleased with the disc. Great transfer and sound, interesting documentary and commentary. Pretty good stuff.

My only gripe is that the original trailer isn't included. :angry: There has got to be some way to get through to the studios that we want those things.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Good to hear. Picked it up yesterday at BB, street day and they only had 1 copy left by 2pm :confused:. It's a great family movie.

Peace Out~:D

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Ron, there were plenty of copies in Westwood, so I think BB really has a problem with how they distribute product.

When Mask of Zorro Superbit was part of the 2/$20 sale, the Westwood, West LA and Culver City stores had none all week of the sale.

I went to a Pasadena one (for a Bruin football game) and they had around 50 copies! My friend in Burbank said that store had around 50 copies! So within 25 miles there were BBs with tons of products, but the three nearest me had none! Someone needs to hire a new distribution supervisor...

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
I had some folks over this evening to see my theater and I pulled CASPER out check out the sound. I chose the "Autowaker" sequence and it sounded absolutely fantastic. The picture was quite good but not in the "outstanding" column.

-greg

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
After watching this again, I think any "softness" in the transfer is actually the choice of the DP fpr certain shots artistically... There are certain scenes, daylight exteriors in Maine for instance that are VERY sharp. The "Softness" seems to happen in the mansion interiors leading me to think that it was Cundey's vision.

I see no real EE which often leads people with smaller displays to perceive some extra "Sharpness", but to me on my settup, it looked great...

But what do I know.....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks