What's new

Any Carol Burnett Show skit experts? (1 Viewer)

MONSTOYS

Grip
Real Name
ROB
Hi,
I'm trying to locate a Carol Burnett show movie skit.....
all I recall is a painting of Carol dressed in blue with matching feathered hat and clutching a handbag.
That was the painting and I believe she is standing next to it when the painting is unveiled.
Of course, she is in the very same pose.
I know it's not the Laura spoof titled Flora.
I just can't seem to locate.
ANY help would be amazing..
thanks!

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
As part of a Salute To Alfred Hitchcock the Carol Burnett show did a Hitchcock style parody called "Portrait of Edna." See about the 7.20 mark on this video for the scene you are referring to I think.

Last edited:

Mark Y

Screenwriter
Not to hijack this thread (but I don't feel as bad since it appears the original question has been answered!) but I have a memory I've carried with me of ONE LINE, or actually most of a line, from a skit, which my friends and I thought was so funny we kept repeating it days later. Probably from the final season. And I apologize because this isn't a lot to go on:

"He said to shove (???) up my nose."

Anyone? And what was the object to be shoved?

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Sounds like one of the "Hollow Hero" sketches, when Carol would play Queen Elizabeth and Tim was a royal guard who'd swallowed a grenade.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Not to hijack this thread (but I don't feel as bad since it appears the original question has been answered!) but I have a memory I've carried with me of ONE LINE, or actually most of a line, from a skit, which my friends and I thought was so funny we kept repeating it days later. Probably from the final season. And I apologize because this isn't a lot to go on:

"He said to shove (???) up my nose."

Anyone? And what was the object to be shoved?
Just in the context of that era, I'd say it was a Rubber Hose ala WELCOME BACK, KOTTER's "Up your nose with a rubber hose!" saying, and that is also the way I recall that line.

CHEERS! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.