What's new

Any Canucks (or others) with experience ordering from etronics.com? (1 Viewer)

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I'm really tempted to pick up the MX700 remote from etronics.com as it is only 180US. Seems like a great price to me. I'm curious as to experiences with etronics and using the borderfree service. Could anyone comment as to the condition/shipping time with orders from this place? I've had a semi-bad experience with borderfree and Crazy Eddie, a few years ago, that the receiver I ordered was an open box. I know etronics.com advertises they don't sell open box or refurbs, etc... has anyone found any exceptions to this rule?

If it helps with shipping costs, I might order a few other things while I'm at it.

Please feedback if posssible!!

Thanks!

Chun Lam

Agent
I've personally never used etronics.com but several of my friends and co-workers have bought various items from etronics and were pleased with their service.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
I can't comment on the canuck factor, but I got one thing from etronics and was pleased with the product, service and price.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Paul,

I'm wondering the same thing. Etronics has some great prices, but will any warranty be attached. I'd check before I order from ANY U.S. site to see whether they are authorized dealers too.

I was looking at the Sony RMX remote for $103U.s., it $300 around here +tax. I can get it shipped from the States for under $200C tax included.

Makes it hard to resist.

Brent

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I got a receiver from them almost 3 years ago. It arrived, double boxed. The inside (product) box looked like it rolled down every step in Giant's Stadium. The foam was mostly crumbs and the receiver was not only not even close to new and obviously very heavily abused, it wouldn't turn on. The damage did not happen in shipping because the outer box was fine.

They did take it in exchange for a newer model, but they did not refund my shipping or my return shipping. So, in the end I paid about an extra $50 shipping to get a unit that wasn't destroyed, which kind of defeated the point of buying from them in the first place.

When I told the CSR I got an obviously used unit, she got kind of nasty. I might or might not buy from them again.

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor
Ive bought from Etronics several times and was completely satisfied... GREAT prices, fast delivery, perfect merchandise.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Thanks John. I wanted to hear the bad along with the good.

Since it's only a remote I'd be buying this time around, I'm tempted to go for it. It definitely wouldn't be a pain to reship it, etc...

Don Moody

Auditioning
I will NEVER buy from Etronics again. I ordered a JVC 34" Widescreen HDTV from them before Christmas. I was surprised by the quick shipping when Airborne Express showed up at my door 2 business days later. I go to truck and the Guys are unloading a PANASONIC 34" widescreen. If you missed that, I ordered JVC...they sent Panasonic. I refused delivery since it was not what I ordered. I call Etronics immediately to tell them about their mistake and a CS rep tells me my JVC is going out ASAP. A week later no TV. Call again, a different CS rep tells me management has decided to wait for return of Panasonic to verify that it is a Panasonic. About a week later, I call shipping company to find out why they will not return TV to Etronics. Shipping company is still waiting return authorization from Etronics. I call Etronics again and raise hell with them and kick start them into getting the thing returned to them. About 5 days later, TV shows as returned on tracking. I wait longer....no TV. I call Etronics again. They claim they have not received TV even though tracking has shown they have. Now they tell me i must be patient and wait because they can't do anything until shipping company finds TV or pays claim. I gave up on Etronics. I disputed the charges with my Credit card company yesterday. I mean come on...they ship wrong product and I have to have my money held hostage due to their negligence???? I was planning to have this TV for the Sugar Bowl and Super Bowl. Those plans are ruined and really piss me off. What's worse is, if you go to Epinions and Bizrate, stories like this about this company are all over the place but it is usually small ticket items. I didn't think they could screw up a big ticket TV order like those others but I was wrong. The only good thing that may come out of this is when my Credit card returns my money, I might instead go get that 42" Panasonic Plasma Tv that is all the rave right now.

Don "Hammer" Moody

Albert C

Agent
Hi Don,

I am surprised Etronics would entrust Airborne Express in delivering a fragile high dollar unit of any kind. They probably got the box back with an RCA 25" inside. Meanwhile the delivery driver is enjoying the Sugar and Super Bowls in glorious Panasonic HD WS. If you weren't home, Airborne would have left it in full view at your front door. I'll remember to avoid Etronics for major purchases. Thanks for the heads up. I hope your credit posts soon.

Don Moody

Auditioning
DHL was the main shipping carrier. DHL used Airborne Express to make the home delivery. Anyway, Funny thing happened thursday, suddenly Etronics is sending me E-mail letting me that the TV had in fact arrived back in the wharehouse and they are gonna take 5-7 days to process the return and send me the JVC I ordered. I guess the dispute lit a fire under their ass. Considering that they have been screwing me over, I called them and straight up told them NOT to send me the TV because my Credit Card company has already OK'd me to purchase a TV elsewhere. If they had done what they promised, they would have made a sale. Instead they get stuck with shipping to and from their wharehouse and no sale to show for it. Maybe they will learn from it. My guess is they won't.

Hammer

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I suppose you know to beware of HTM's warranty thing: if the dealer is not authorised, as mentioned on their site, you have no warranty regardless of where purchased. Oddly, you're in Calgary, one of the only places I knew of in Canada where you could buy these remotes, admittedly at a very high price (at least that was so a year ago when checking before I got mine from the U.S.). These remotes are strong, and though small, mine was packed in a quite large box to prevent shipping damage; some shippers are very hard on very small boxes I've noticed. I'm just mentioning this because these are great remotes (had Sony 2100 and 3000 before this) and you will want to keep it and you don't want any problems just getting the damn thing.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Well here's an update: I bought the remote and it arrived TODAY! About two weeks total ship time to Calgary. It arrived through Canada Post's borderfree service. It was packed with lots of peanuts in a much bigger box (could have fit 6 of these remotes in this box, and the remote box was not damaged. I did notice that it was retaped and marked "opened for inspection" which was probably border stuff (also might be why I suspected my receiver was an open box item). I will be downloading the manual and playing with it today. I already have batteries in it, and it seems to work fine. It even still has the plastic on the transmitter. Everything seems great and it was a good price too!! I'm assuming this thing (I didn't buy the sidekick as well) would have sold for $500 or much more here in Canada, so $244 after tax seems like a good deal to me. My friends are hugely jealous and want one as well. As soon as I've mastered this, we will definitely be having movie nights... :)

jake moosey

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered 140pound home theater from them last year. came in refridgerator sized box. I only paid $40.00 shipping. Great product and service!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks