Any Canadian know what's up with the new Seraphin/Heart of Stone release?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Tom Tsai, Aug 31, 2003.

1. Tom Tsai

Tom Tsai Supporting Actor

I'm so confused with this upcoming (Canada-only I believe) release of Seraphin: Heart of Stone. I originally ordered this item on amazon.ca but I now see that there are new 2-disc versions coming out. However, I can't make sense of the new versions.

When I search dvdsoon.com, it lists 2 versions, an English Limited Edition and a French Special Edition.

When I search Futureshop.ca, it lists 2 versions, both English but one is Fullscreen and the other is Widescreen.

When I search cnl.com, it lists 2 versions, both English but one Collector's Edition and the other as normal 2-disc edition.

When I search amazon.ca, it lists 3 versions, one is the old release by France Film, the other 2 new ones include a Collector's Edition and a normal version.

what's going on?! [​IMG]

please help...

2. Tom Tsai

no one?

anyways, I found the coverarts for the upcoming releases.

Regular 2-disc Edition:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Collector's Edition (French Version...probably will have an English version too):
    [​IMG]

Release Date • September 30, 2003
    Company • Alliance Atlantis
    Video • Widescreen 1.85:1 anamorphic
    - Enhanced for 16x9 TVs
    Audio • French - Dolby Digital 5.1
    Subtitles • English
    Region code • 1 - USA / Canada

3. Rob W

Rob W Supporting Actor

Robert
    Don't look for an English-language version of the special edition. While this was one of the biggest grossers of the year in Quebec, the film disappeared almost instantly in English Canada.

4. Tom Tsai

^ I ordered the collector's edition at dvdsoon.com. They list it as the English version. it's probably a typo then.