Any Cake / John Macrea fans out there?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Van Dyke, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Scott Van Dyke

Scott Van Dyke Supporting Actor

Cake rules.
    Fashion Nugget's release really turned me on to this Sacramento band.
    I just can't stand the fact that everytime I've seen them live, they play for 30 minutes and call it a day.
    [​IMG]

2. Jeremy_Watson

Jeremy_Watson Stunt Coordinator

So that happened to you too? I became a big Cake fan around "Fashion Nugget" and have been ever since. However, about3-4 years ago I went to a festival show where they were playing. The crowd got excited and starting throwing things, so John said, "If you keep this up we're leaving." Of course this inspired the crowd (esp. the non-Cake fans, this was a festival show remember) to throw more things. So, they walked off after about 2 songs. Very upsetting.

3. Rick_Brown

Rick_Brown Second Unit

They did a concert at Massey Hall in Toronto almost a year ago. They played for almost 90 minutes and were great. Vocals (if you call the way he sings "vocals") were hard to hear, though. But the bass player was worth the price of admission. Amazing!

4. JoeyT

JoeyT Stunt Coordinator

here here CAKE RULES!!!!
    Italian Leather Sofas rule too. And the stuff that goes with them...at least in song [​IMG]