What's new

Any Boxer dog owners? (1 Viewer)

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
We are just starting our research on buying another dog. We currently have an adult 60lb dingo/terrier and was thinking of getting a boxer. Any comments about the pluses and minuses of boxers are appreciated.

Post some pics as well. :D

Fletch

Agent
We have a boxer/rott. combo.He is a good dog for security.However, if you play around with him too long he gets mean and dangerous.We have a command word to calm him we use when this happens.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Boxers are mostly sweet, hyper, goofs. They have very large, wet tongues, and enjoy licking your face at every opportunity.

Medically, they suffer disproportionally from malignant melanomas.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I have 2 boxers, mother and her daughter. Boxers tend to act like puppies all their lives and think they are lap dogs, even when grown. They can be very hyper, or calm as can be. They are great with kids and other animals, but mine hate cats, which I don't think all boxers do. Boxers are also good watch/guard dogs. They do have a tendency to bark alot sometimes though, which can be aggrevating. They also snore when sleeping, which can get loud. And yes they do tend to get tumors and lumps that are sometimes cancerous. All in all a great breed in my opinion.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
My neighbors have a boxer. It licks more than any other dog I've ever met. Its really, really annoying. It'll sneak up behind and lick my legs, regardless of whether I'm wearing shorts or jeans. It'll walk by you and then turn its head to the side and give a big lick. Seriously, its the most annoying dog I've met, and I'm a dog person, its not often I saw that. It does play well with their other dog and two cats, though sometimes it gets a bit rough with the dog.

On occassion they dog-sit another boxer. That's a nice boxer, its a real glutton for attention, and likes to lean heavily against you when you pet it. But it doesn't lick to much. Its also rather friendly and playful. When the two boxers get to playing they have on occassion gone to far and hurt each other. And it can take a day or two before they are friendly with each other.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
My girlfriend has a boxer, it's the most playful and energetic dog that I've ever seen. He's a house dog and he likes to play for hours at a time. I couldn't see myself owning a boxer because taking care of him would be a full time job.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
my roomate had two boxers. i think they were brothers, but don't remember for sure now.

they were pretty cool, but i think they were somewhat hyper. for the most part they stayed outside so i didn't really bug me much.

i think with some discipline they could have been great dogs...

Users who are viewing this thread