Any body using an ICBM with there RP-91?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Juan_R, Sep 27, 2002.

1. Juan_R

Juan_R Supporting Actor

I am thinking about getting an ICBM but would like some feedback firts. My receiver is a Sony 5ES, I have the RP-91 hooked up to one of the multi channel imputs already but have not tried playing any DVD-A music yet. I also have a SACD player (Sony ES222) but I am happy with its bass management so the ICBM would be used only for DVD-A.

2. Robert C Wall

Do you have a silo to house it?

I think the last ICBM's were built at least a couple of decades ago...cold war and all...so DVD-A is probably not supported.

3. chung_sotheby

chung_sotheby Supporting Actor

Robert, ICBM's are still in full use. Haven't you heard that Outlaw, using their multiple connections with South-East Asian operatives due to their overabundance of 950 orders, have been able to import ICBM's and offer them at an internet-direct price of less than $300? I guess not.[​IMG]

4. John Geelan

John Geelan Screenwriter

The ICBM is essential if you want to hear Multi-Channel sound out of your RP91 and you do not have 5 full range speakers.
    If your like me and use smaller speakers with a large sub then the ICBM will give you bass management for DVDA.
    Your DVDA's will sound better cause the bass will be directed to your sub(s).
    I love mine! [​IMG]

5. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I have the Technics DVD-A10. The predecessor to the 91 it has better audio and significatly less sophisticated video (no progressive scan!).

If you want to enjoy DVD-A IMO the ICBM is necessary. If you've got a separate pre/pro and receiver it offers even more flexibility. My ICBM does most of my bass management (except the rears which the receiver handles for delay purposes).

6. Jagan Seshadri

Jagan Seshadri Supporting Actor