Any Blondie fans over here?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Torrez, Oct 23, 2001.

1. John Torrez

John Torrez Second Unit

I have been a Blondie fan for a few years now. I have "The Best Of", "No Exit", "Live", "The Platinum Collection" and most recently all six of their newly remastered albums. They did a great job on the cd's, they sound wonderful, the bonus tracks aren't too shabby either. I am also looking forward to their new album. So what do you other Blondie fans have to share?

2. John Torrez

John Torrez Second Unit

Gee, why am I not surprised nobody responded.
    [Edited last by John Torrez on October 23, 2001 at 11:38 PM]

3. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Well, I'm not exactly a huge fan, but I respect Deborah Harry enough to think she's talented and was very much a pioneer back when I was growing up. She's probably one of the more influencal of punk and female artists from years ago too.
    There, does that make ya happier? [​IMG]
    Jay

4. John Torrez

John Torrez Second Unit

Haha, thanks. It's just a while back when I asked about Pat Benatar I got quite a few responses. Now it seems that the forum is slower, the last question I asked went unanswered.

5. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

I have been a Blondie fan since I was a little baby as my Dad would constantly listen to their albums at night while he was building models and my mom was reading and i was just laying there on the floor feeling the bass in my body. I don't own any of the new remastered CDs as I still prefer to listen to them on vinyl.

6. andrew markworthy

John, I think Blondie were much more highly regarded in Europe (and Britain especially) than in the USA. I agree - an excellent band in the studio and some great studio albums (especially Parallel Llines) but IMHO their great weakness was that they weren't very good live.

7. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

blondie is awesome.
    i truly believe she was an original. wasn't 'rapture' one of the first (if not the first rap songs to hit the top of the charts? then there was 'the tide is high' - one of the first songs with a reggae beat. obviously 'heart of glass' - still a great disco anthem and who can hear 'call me' without thinking of american gigolo?
    i got to see her at a very small club (bogart's in san juan capistrano...i think) and it was a great show. the place was so small she was able to step off the stage and right onto the tables. she actually jumped on our table - it was really cool!
    although i don't have all her albums, i listen to their best-of a lot. i'd have to say one of my all-time favorites is 'atomic' - that song just kicks ass!
    ------------------
    "The ship of death has a new captain." - nosferatu (1922)

8. Rutledge

Rutledge Stunt Coordinator

Blondie is great. Their drummer is fantastic. "Parallel lines" was a one of my favorites when i was a teenager.
    "Autoamerican" was interesting but a little strange.
    I watched all their comeback stuff a couple of years ago.
    Frankly it is difficult to comprehend that it is Deborah Harry. Somebody who was so incredibly gorgeous then, and seeing her now. It is hard for me to see that it is the same person.

9. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Thanks for the head up - I hadn't heard that these albums were rereleased. About 1 to 1 1/2 years ago, these were all out of print & impossible to find!
    -Dave
    ------------------
    DVD List
    "The page you are looking for is here no more. Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore.'"

10. John Torrez

John Torrez Second Unit

11. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Count me in as a fan as well. Several really distinctive songs, that have endured despite the (at times) severe 70s disco influence. Heck, I don't even think I was born when some of these songs were big and I like them.

12. Joel Fontenot

Joel Fontenot Supporting Actor

Joel Fontenot
    Good thing I crept up in here.
    I too was not aware there were any remastering efforts on any of Blondie's albums. I have all the CD's already including the Platinum Collection double CD, Blonde and Beyond, and the original Best Of CD.
    I also have all the studio albums up to The Hunter on vinyl.
    My favorites are:
    • Rapture
    • Heart of Glass
    • Living in the Real World
    • T-Birds
    • Hanging on the Telephone
    • Fade away and Radiate
    • Die Young, Stay Pretty
      and
    • Attack of the Giant Ants
    Although, there is really very little I don't like - even from The Hunter.
    Overall, my favorite album is Eat to the Beat
    Joel
    [Edited last by Joel Fontenot on November 01, 2001 at 04:49 PM]

13. CalvinC

CalvinC Stunt Coordinator

I'm a blondie fan, most of what I own from them is still on vinyl. I saw them in the past year on a special presentation from Directv and it was great, they still sounded good.