What's new

any beauty and the beast reviews yet? (1 Viewer)

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Russell, that'd be the canadian from them then. Thanks! Off to order it myself.

Dan

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
If they branched the IMAX and original versions, it would not take up too much disc space. You would only really have to branch to the "Human Again" segment and you could handle the rest of the differences as alternate angles like they do with the foreign language versions. That plus the 84 minute WIP version would still probably amount to less than three hours of video material.
That assumes 168 minutes for two versions of the film with another 12 minutes for the "Human Again" and alternate angle material (plus trailers :rolleyes:).
Regards,

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Actually, I just received Beauty and The Beast
in the mail from my on-line retailer.
Since the studio did not send me a screener in
advance, I cannot review this film.
Actually, I would have, but this disc would take
me a full day to review. Had the studio given me
more advanced time, I could have set aside that day.
This week I already have SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER,
SCOOBY-DOO, FOOTLOOSE and WINDTALKERS lined up.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Ron, could you give us a heads up about general image quality if and when you watch the film at your leisure?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I'll tell you what....

I'll spend next Tuesday with this film. I'll
probably be beaten out by other websites with
their own reviews by then, but if you really want
me to do a thorough review you'll have to wait
till then.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
The problem is, Ron, you just don't write enough DVD reviews. Pick up the pace, would ya? That's what we're paying you for! ;)
Link Removed

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I'd love for a review of the set. I'm still quite unsure about what it contians. Like with Monsters Inc, I just took a look at the specs and got a headache!

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
That fine by me Ron if we wait a week. Heck, I waited a month for the Gremlins and Harry Potter review from me, I can handle a week (which is easy, since I am out of town on Friday). Even if you do get beaten by then, I will still like your review. *pays Ron his money*

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Ooh, some online retailers are starting to send this already? Hmm... It's tempting, but I have friends who work at Disney who can get it for me for $14.06, tax included. I've already got it and the rough cut on laserdisc, so I'm not going crazy over it.

Robert Cook

Stunt Coordinator
Dan Brecher wrote:
Russell_Lengthorn said:
You may be surprised at how small a production Beauty and the Beast was. Of course, smallness in this case is a relative measure, but they definitely had to cut corners, and I don't think that this hurts the movie in any meaningful way. In fact, this might have been a good thing, overall--having more resources is only good for movies up to a point, after which you not only get diminishing returns, but a decrease in the quality of the movies. This isn't always true, but has been a fairly consistent rule, in my estimation, especially of late.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I wonder if Disney took it upon themselves to fix the horrible continuity mistakes in the scene where Belle is trying to show The Beast proper table etiquette. (I'm saying that they should mess with it, but I am simply curious whether they actually did or not.)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Ron,
what would really set me at ease would just be one sentence regarding the image quality.
Just give us one sentence...tell us if the image is reference, riddled with compression artifacts or ringing/EE etc.
That would be SO GREAT. Then, save your lengthy review for later when you have some time.
But please don't keep us in the dark about the image quality!
:)
p.s. can't *wait* for those other reviews!!!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Guys,

Next week.

Screeners were finally received today. I am
sure other websites will have a review shortly.

I'll post mine late Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks