What's new

Any baseball memorabilia people here? (1 Viewer)

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I've had these since I was a kid. My father collected and saved them for me, and I rediscovered them last week when going through some boxes after forgetting about them for I don't know how long...maybe 30 years since I last looked at them or even thought about them.

They're caricatures of the Mets and Yankees from the New York News comic section which appeared every week in pairs one summer back in 1972 or 1973. A couple of samples are below, or linked below.

I Googled them, checked eBay and so on, but couldn't find any info on them other than a caricaturist named Bruce Stark may have created them.

My son and I took them to his favorite baseball card shop today to show them to a dealer to see what we could find out about them, including the value.

The dealer's eyes practically popped out of head when he saw them...It was kinda funny actually because my son immediately picked up on the dealers reaction to these things, and commented in the car home how the dealer tried to rip us off when he offered us $50 for the set and told us he knew nothing about them...The guys jaw dropped to the floor and his hands were shaking as he flipped through them.

Anyway, I figured I'd ask to see if anyone here might have seen these and perhaps know of their value, if any. It's a long shot, but no harm in asking I figure. Couple of samples:

...Sorry, keep getting forbidden messages when trying to post the pictures.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Giving this one last shot. If not, I apologize for wasting people's time and Admins please feel free to delete this thread.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Thanks Christ. I have my own web site to host pictures from, and they're uploaded. If I type the address to the pictures in the browser bar, they show up. If I link to them from here, I get a forbidden message. I have no idea why that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.