any bad experiences with b-stock subs from svs

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by allan espinoza, May 17, 2005.

1. allan espinoza

allan espinoza Stunt Coordinator

well, svs has a pb10 for $389b-stock and I was thinking of picking this up, but not sure if b-stock is reliable. Any bad experiences or heard of?

2. David Keith

David Keith Stunt Coordinator

Certain things in life are FOR SURE, and I can attest to this, that if you buy a B-stock sub from SVS, you will be 100% happy with it, FOR SURE !!!!!!!

And another thing, I will also tell you that you WILL NOT be able to tell it from a new one, FOR SURE ! They're B-stock is perfect in every way. And I'm not one of the SVS fanboys, I don't even own one at the moment, tho' I have owned 6 in the last 3 years.

3. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

No issues with B-stock. I believe you are covered...

"
    All of this gear is "like new"* and fully warranted, as any product right out of the box or off the SVS line is. They are perfect functionally but might have been opened or even gently used. Minor cosmetic issues are possible, but performance problems are not. Priced to sell, no further discounting."

4. BillyHC

BillyHC Agent

once in a while, a bstock will show up with cosmetic damage. In those cases, as far as I've been tracking bstock, they usually show pics of the damaged area.

They're a classy group and you're definitely in good hands with them.

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Even if you did for some reason have a problem, since it is direct from them, I don't think you'd have anything to worry about thanks to their excellent customer service.

If you feel the need to hear one, let me know [​IMG]

6. Robb Roy

Robb Roy Supporting Actor

I got a b-stock 25-31PC+ for a friend and it was *impossible* to tell is was not brand new -- flawless in every way.

-Robb

7. allan espinoza

allan espinoza Stunt Coordinator

well,it seems that svs is well trusted so I may order one. I am just having a hard time deciding between the pb12 and the pb10. My room, at the moment, that will have the sub is roughly about 15x13 and I am thinking if a pb12 may be overkill, but at the same time I am thinking of the future and by the end of this year i will be moving into a townhouse if not sooner and I would hate to miss out owning a pb10, and advise?

8. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    My room is 19x20 with high vaulted ceilings, and is open to the kitchen. The PB-10 still does a respectable job.

If you look at the charts, the PB-10 and PB-12 are very similar in output actually. I've heard both, and the 12 does move more air for a bit more rumble, but the PB-10 will be more than enough for a room that size.

9. gregD

gregD Second Unit

Email the guys at SVS with your room specs, they'll reply with solutions and suggestions, pronto.

I've got a 25-31PCi cylinder in a 14x14x9 room, and it's way more than I need... could've easily gotten by with the PB-10, but I wanted both line and speaker connex... great sub.

B-stock... whatever it is, it will go fast on the SVS page.

Enjoy!

10. AngeloEug

AngeloEug Stunt Coordinator

Hey Allan, I sent you a PM.