What's new

Any Back To The Future info? (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
When Mr. Bronfman was running Universal, he did a really dumb thing. He sold all the foreign DVD rights of Universal's product to Columbia for a three year window.
So after all this time, I finally know who to blame for this ridiculous Legend fiasco.
At any rate, it's nice to have a (sort-of) explanation as to what the hold-up is with the BTTF movies.
As far as Legend is concerned, I guess I can stop holding my breath for the DVD in 2001.
------------------
Scott
Check out my Movie Reviews at Epinions. Help support my debilitating DVD addiction!
AOL IM: TheAngryJew29

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I have no problem bashing Universal on some of the half assed stupid things they done with DVD since they got into the game, but to defend them in this BTTF fiasco, they have only officially said anything about a release 1 or 2 times. All this other news people keep reading about possible release dates is all just internet speculation gone wild.
So to whoever said that at least Lucas isnt toying with us like Pavlov's dog, technically Universal isnt.
As for the explanation about the Columbia deal overseas, that does make sense. But if its true, why couldnt Universal just come clean and say thats what the holdup is?
I mean, Im sure people would be a LOT happier if they had a believable explanation instead of this silent treatment everyone has been getting.
In all reality, since I got my first DVD player in early 2000, I have had MORE than enough good movies to buy and Im sure that will continue to be the trend. I recently passed the 200 mark, and Im aiming for 300. Whenever BTTF comes out, I'll buy the set, be happy, and move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation192
Recent bookmarks