What's new

Any Babylon 5 S2 reviews yet? (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
FYI:

Babylon 5: The Complete Second Season, "The Coming of Shadows" makes it debut on Video Business magazine's Top 20 DVD Sellers list this week. (Survey covers the week ending Saturday May 4.) The list aggregates sales information from a number of leading vendors. You can also click and check individual lists from places like Amazon.com and Tower Records.

The set placed quite high on some lists and didn't make others at all, but sales overall were good enough for it to make the number 13 spot on the combined VB list. S1 never made the top 20 master list, although it did appear on some individual lists in lower positions, in some cases beating shows released at the same time like ST:TNG and X-Files. This time around only one other TV series made the Top 20, Mr. Bean of all things, despite a couple of them having sets released the week of the 4th.

Regards,

Joe

SpenceJT

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Spencer
I guess more than a few fans of the show were waiting to see if Warner Brothers would release subsequent seasons before making an investment.

I expect Season 3 to sell even better!

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I can't believe there isn't a single Koshism in this thread yet!

"We are all Kosh"

--
Holadem

Dave Molinarolo

Stunt Coordinator
As for The Mary Tyler Moore Show - you could as well ask "Who is the target audience for M*A*S*H?" - which is doing very well on DVD. The fact is that for many years exactly the same people who watched MTM also watched M*A*S*H because both aired on CBS on the same night. So there is considerable overlap between their audiences. And plenty of us Mary fans do own DVD players, you know. We have all sorts of new-fangled gadgets the you young whippersnappers like to think are exclusively yours.
Well that's certaintly possible, but one other reason may be that M*A*S*H has a bit of military feel to it for obvious reasons while TMTMS was just a regular sit-com, no? and that why MASH is selling better is because of MASH's connection with military issues which would appeal to a much wider audience. To compare how is shows like Sanford & Son selling?

And to bring in my own purchasing habits, while putting aside my financial limitations, I simply wouldn't buy regular comedies beit today's shows, or shows of year's past. My purchasing style is based on genre, so I can see why TMTMS isn't selling well. Like for example, I am not buying any Friends sets because even though I watched the show in the beginning, I'm just not interested in watching it much less owning it now.

Dave Molinarolo

Stunt Coordinator
^^^Realy? That's surprising. I guess people can't get enough of that campy intro song..."duh, dah, dat, dah" :D

Or is it just the appeal of Redd Foxx?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks