What's new

Any B&M stores sell Blu-Tack? (1 Viewer)

AlexanderS

Second Unit
I've been searching everywhere. Audio advisor wants 15 shipped and I thought that was kind of high. Anyone know for sure if its sold in craft stores or hardware stores. Thanks.

AlexanderS

Second Unit
I checked CVS' website and it wasn't listed. No hobby or ACO stores around here. Lowes, Home Depot, Michaels, Rag Shop, Garden Ridge, all the other big stores.

AlexanderS

Second Unit
From my understanding, the generic stuff at Staples doesn't have the same acoustical capabilities as the Blu-Tack. Please correct me if Im wrong.

P.S. - No Staples within 150 miles of me.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I didn't realize that Blu-Tack was supposed to have any "acoustical capabilities". I just use it to keep things in place without leaving any sticky residue.

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
Blue Tac has a "drier" feel and consistency to it compared to the $2.19 "Fun Tac" stuff found at Staples/Office Max but I never heard where Blue Tac had acoustical properties either. Another myth? Who knows.....

Blue Tac is just a little different composition than the Fun Tac. I have some Blue Tac from years ago I still use, but all tac purchases I have made the past few years have been the cheaper stuff.

Save your money... Fun Tac works just fine IME.

BOK

Steve Lumbert

Stunt Coordinator
An alternative to Blue Tac is caulking cord from your local hardware store. I got a lifetime supply for about $5. Works pretty good too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks