What's new

Any AVRs with 6 switchable inputs? (1 Viewer)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
So by Christmas 2006 there will be 2 HD movie machines (HD-DVD & BRD), 3 HD game systems (Xbox360, Playstation3, Nintendo Wii), and HD cable. Some people will also have HD Satelite and HD broadcast.

Thats 8* HD feeds that need decoding and switching with tomorrows AVR!

Most AVRs I see today only provide for 4 video sources. Are there any rumors about machines with more inputs in the future? (hopefully HDMI inputs).

*: May be 9 sources if you own more than one satelite receiver. 10 is Voom goes back in business.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
There's always outboard switchers. With multiple audio amps built in and all the connections on the back, it would be difficult to get lots more stuff on the back of it. The Denon 5805, for example is huge and has 3 HDMI inputs and a DVI (and a bunch of component inputs), 10 channels of amps and is almost 12 inches high and about 21 inches deep - http://www.crutchfield.com/S-QMfc8PO...display=XL#Tab
and is $6k list

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I doubt many people are going to have HD cable, satellite and broadcast all at the same time! And how many people will have three game systems? (I’ll probably be sorry I asked that one!)

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Denon has there AVR-4306 that has 3 1080p HDMI inputs and I would imagine that there could be more exspensive models with at least 4 HDMI inputs. I dont see many people having more than one game system, hd player and hd satalite/cable box. If someone has more than that they would most likely be an exception not the rule. My plan is to upgrade from my HD cable box to HD satalite. So when all is said and done I want to have a Blu-ray player, HD Satalite and maybe a PS3. The only way I might get a fourth source is that if the HD war goes on for awhile and Toshiba gets there act together. And I have to have two machines because studios are making movies for one player and not the other. But again Toshiba would have to make a player that is not a problem child.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks