What's new

Any Antique Sound Labs Tube Amp owners here???? (1 Viewer)

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
hey brett iwas looking at these mono blocks and was wondering if you will use them in a HT? I was thinking of getting three (wave 8) for my HT. For the left, right & center. Has anybody heard of them being used for HT? THX

jlefevre

Grip
Real Name
James LeFevre
Pretty old thread. I am not using Antique Sound Labs but I am using all tube amps for my home theater. Dynaco MKIII on front right and left, Dynaco ST70 on rear surround, Dynaco ST-70 on dual voice coil subwoofer, and a 50 watt mono block home brew using 7581's and 6SN7's. All were updated with new driver boards to get rid of the unavailable 7199's and 6AN8's to use 12AX7's and 12AU7's, and all new powere supply caps and filters. All are ultra linear PP mode. Was using a Yamaha RX-V2700 at 140 watts per channel before the change. Wow what a difference in clarity, openess and improved bass. I can actually hear what the actors are saying now without turning the volume up into the stratosphere. Anyone else out there in the tube mood.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks