What's new

Any antenna recomendations for South Florida (1 Viewer)

DanielKellmii

Supporting Actor
I live near West Palm Beach Florida. That is about 70miles north of Miami. I was wondering if anybody had any inside antenna recomendations? You see, I just bought a brand new HDTV with a HDTV reciever and my wife says the pic quality is terrible. I have to show her what the TV can do with a really good signal. (I don't have digital cable yet.)
Thanks

I have an outdoor antenna in my attic that was placed there by the previous owner, but I have no idea where the connection to it is. When the summer is over and I can go into the attic without dying, I will play "follow the cable." But, it the inside antenna works fine, I may not bother. I am not fond of digging through the fiberglass.

Dean_S

Second Unit
Go to antennaweb.org and put in your address. It will locate all the stations for you and recommend an antenna type. If you are really 70 miles from the station towers I doubt any indoor antenna is going to work well. It would be best to try and utilize the antenna you already have in the attic.

BTW: Explain the picture quality issues and how the HDTV receiver is connected to the TV (assuming it's a seperate component). If you are tuned to the digital stations then you should get awesome picture, no picture, or picture that is breaking up (there really is no "bad" but watchable pic on digital channels IMHO).

Additions/editted: Be sure to get HD cable if available and not Digital cable...these are two different things in most markets with digital cable just being expensive standard def cable with only a few channels having better pic quality then just plugging the cable into the back of your set.

DanielKellmii

Supporting Actor
Thanks Dean. I just wanted to explain my location relative to a well known city. I am between 3 and 15 miles away from most stations.
I am hooked up to standard cable, so I don't have any digital channels. I get cable with my home owners association, so I really don't want to pay for it twice. I am going to check on how much the upgrade is. BTW, I have an integrated reciever in my TV.
I still need to calibrate the TV myself. I haven't had time to go through the Sound and Vision DVD. It will be professionally calibrated in 6 months or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks