any Antec 1080 owners here?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Ted Lee, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

hi all -

anyone using the antec 1080 case?

my usb/firewire connection in the front has come loose, but for the life of me, i can't figure out how (or if it's even possible) to remove the front bezel so i can snap the assembly back in place.

here's a blown up schematic.

i tried "pulling" the assembly forward, but it was starting to bend the metal.

thx in advance,

ted

2. Arthur Legardo

Arthur Legardo Second Unit

The 1080 is similar to my Chenming case which means that there are 6 "tabs" that have to be freed from their "notches". Two are on either side of the top 5.25" bay, another two are in the middle portion of the bezel (around the area of the power switch) and the final two are at the bottom of the bezel, again one on each side of the bezel. To remove the middle right "tab" you'll most likely have to remove the hard drive cage. To get to all of the right side "tabs" remove the right side panel. I should warn you that if and when to the front USB/firewire connectors, make sure you take note of how the connectors connect to the USB/firewire "pins". I've killed the firewire port, twice, on my Nomad Zen because I switched around the connectors on the firewire ports. I still don't know if connected them properly and am very hesitant to use that port! :b

3. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

thx arthur! that's exactly what i needed to know.

i'll also keep the pin assignment in mind! [​IMG]

4. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

Antec / Chenming and others are all made, casewise, at the same facility and then outfitted with different (or no) Powersupplies, fans, etc.